Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Libraterian = Jerry Falwell?

I'm pretty sure he supports the idea that kids should be allowed to pray in school if they want, but that nobody should be forced to. Sounds like this:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof . . . ."
Old 11-09-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who hear thinks Ron Paul is going to use his posistion as president to enact religously motivated legislation forcing his morality on others?

Any takers? What laws do you believe he would propose?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who believes he might appoint judges who are more willing to allow religion into the public square than what we have now --- judges that will move away from the standards we have in place now --- judges that might, for example, allow school prayer?

Any takers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he's very likely to appoint judges that make rulings based on what the Constitution says instead of what they want it to say.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about you guys, but he says he's going to not tell gay people they can't get married,

[/ QUOTE ]

he wrote a bill to essentially overturn Lawrence v. Texas

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Lawrence v. Texas was a blatant case of the Supreme Court ignoring the Constitution and ruling what they wanted to. Opposing bad court rulings =/= telling gay people they can't get married.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:17 PM

I also have noticed a drop in the celebration of Halloween. It must be because of this war on us pagans. News alert the market will keep christmas very much alive because they definitely have a friend in Jesus. The religious apologists for RP crack me the [censored] up.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also have noticed a drop in the celebration of Halloween.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I haven't.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who hear thinks Ron Paul is going to use his posistion as president to enact religously motivated legislation forcing his morality on others?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who believes he might appoint judges who are more willing to allow religion into the public square than what we have now --- judges that will move away from the standards we have in place now --- judges that might, for example, allow school prayer?

Any takers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he's very likely to appoint judges that make rulings based on what the Constitution says instead of what they want it to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

So then you agree with me...it matters. Saying it's irrelevant or suggesting that Paul couldn't/wouldn't do anything about those beliefs if president is silly.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any takers?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So then you agree with me...it matters. Saying it's irrelevant or suggesting that Paul couldn't/wouldn't do anything about those beliefs if president is silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I wasn't the one who said it was irrelevant, but no, I'm not agreeing with you. It is irrelevant. He will appoint those judges because he believes in the Constitution and his religion is irrelevant. I'm very anti-Christian myself and I would appoint the same judges as he would. Yes, he will appoint judges that might allow school prayer to take place, but it will have absolutely nothing to do with his religious views.

So yes, he would stop people like you from forcing your morals on others. I would too.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:26 AM

Default Re: Ron Paul quotation - Is it a hoax?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're rarely going to agree with a candidate on everything so you've gotta take the good with the bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I once read somewhere the lesser of two evils is still evil something something voting jackbooted thuggery something something purple monkey dishwasher.

Can't quite remember from who or when, but I feel like it's been a long time since I've heard it around here. Seems to be an interesting inverse correlation between shrill cries of "the lesser of two evils is still evil something something voting jackbooted thuggery something something purple monkey dishwasher" and Ron Paul avatars on this forum, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn I hate it when I agree with Dvault.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't look at me - I'm not donating/voting.

I'll gladly support (most of) the message, though.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We just need to get Redbean in here now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yo.... what you need?

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2007, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand the point he's trying to make. But it's unfortunate that he's bought into the anit-Christian paranoia.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not religious. I figured out at a young age that Santa was myth, when I was taught in school that male deer lose their antlers in the winter, so, the photos of santa flying thru the sky with those male deer with their antlers on had to be as phony as Bush's Fear Speech's.

I wonder, however, where a congress full of athiests would derive their morality from to act on behalf of the nation as a whole, instead of in their own interests.

I know of a lot of corrupt politicians who claim to be religious, however, I also know of some who are not. Not as many as who are, but there are a few.

I do not, however, know of any athiests in congress who are not corrupt, but I don't know that there are any in congress. Maybe they are the ones who claim to be religious and are not corrupt.

It is quite obvious, to me anyways, that organized religion is nothing more than a money making machine, however, those who believe in a faith have a foundation from which to find a level of morality that would make it possible for them to believe that the correct thing for them to do is what is best for the nation as a whole. I do not know, since I am not one, where an athiest would find that morality. Can anyone enlighten me?