Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Well, Florida, how did the first day of NL/$5limit games treat you

I sure wish that they'd pass a simular law in the land of Colorado aka no fold 'em hold 'em, where the max bet for gambling period has been 5 bucks for I've been told, the last 15 years.

I get so tired of having to go elsewhere (aka Vegas, or Iowa) to be able to play real poker.

I also wish they'd raise the max buyin for tournaments (which is currently capped at 500 bucks), so that when events like the Heartland Poker Tour which is coming to Blackhawk in October, one could do a direct buy in, instead of having to play in satallite qualifiers to get into the ME.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Well, Florida, how did the first day of NL/$5limit games treat you?

Are there any reviews on Ebro Card room (greyhound track) in Panama City yet? I might be heading up there this weekend and would stop by if it's decent.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are there any reviews on Ebro Card room (greyhound track) in Panama City yet? I might be heading up there this weekend and would stop by if it's decent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't heard a thing about it, would be interested also. <font color="blue"> </font>
Old 08-02-2007, 06:11 AM

Ebro report is here

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...33#Post11270166
Old 08-03-2007, 08:32 AM

Great news to report from Derby Lane.

First off, they are having 300 buy-in tourneys every Wednesday this month with seating limited to only 50 players with the rake being a mere 9.1%

On Sundays it's even better as they are having a 200 buy-in deep stack tourney, again limited to the first 50 players and the rake at just 8.9%!

Also, and this is big, they are having a 500+50 on SEPTEMBER 30th..........and here's the best part, everyday they are giving away TWO free entrys into this tourney for the high hand of the day between 12-6 and 6-12. Seating is limited to the first 500 for this tourney.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:47 AM

Daytona finally started raking and awarding jackpots this week. They are offering a HEART royal jackpot with any other royal receiving a $500 award.
Here's the kicker...there is NO seperate jackpot for the Omaha game! Is this a common practice (to get more Omaha players) or is this just crazy????
Also...does anyplace in the Florida market have a badbeat or any other offerings?
Old 08-06-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Daytona finally started raking and awarding jackpots this week. They are offering a HEART royal jackpot with any other royal receiving a $500 award.
Here's the kicker...there is NO seperate jackpot for the Omaha game! Is this a common practice (to get more Omaha players) or is this just crazy????

[/ QUOTE ]

All rooms I've played at that have RF jackpots have separate jackpots for O8. At Seminole Brighton, the O8 RF jackpot is progressive and a RF in any suit wins it.

[ QUOTE ]
Also...does anyplace in the Florida market have a badbeat or any other offerings?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seminole Immokalee has a bad beat jackpot. Aces full of jacks, or better, must be beaten by 4 of a kind, or better. Last time I was there in July it was over $210,000 and the backup jackpot was over $150,000. Both hole cards must play and there must be a certain minimum in the pot (either $10 or $20 - I forget which). They also give $500 for any RF, $100 for any other SF and $50 for quad aces. For all of these, both hole cards must play.