Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Hevad Kahn

[ QUOTE ]
He's great and entertaining to watch. At least he is a character, even if you find him annoying.

This isn't golf or tennis. It's poker. Get some emotion in there. It's getting old just seeing people stand up for all in's or saying "come on King".

Televised Poker is about entertainment.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not so great if you find him irritating which I did. Thank goodness for the mute button on my remote.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's 1000x more likeable than Jamie Gold is.

[/ QUOTE ] Agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

But so is Joseph Stalin.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno, I actually like Hevad Kahn quite a bit. He's something different, and I just think he's being a goofball. Definitely more fun to watch than Gus Hansen, Jennifer Harman, David Grey, or plenty of other dull poker players.

I'm not saying those players aren't great, or that they're not good people, but it's fairly boring to watch them. Kahn was something new and fresh and it got people talking. He's 1000x more likeable than Jamie Gold is.

What I liked best about Kahn was that he busted out Humberto Brenes who I hate because I can't understand what he's saying and he's a douche. Kahn gave him a little bit of his own medicine.

You can't argue that how Kahn acted was smart on his part. No one is really gonna remember Rahme, Hilm, Tuan, or even Yang, but everyone remembers BULLLDOOZZEERRR!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Your comparison of Harman/Hansen and Khan made me log into 2+2 for the first time in like a year. There simply is no basis for comparison.

If WSOP coverage was intended as a light real world comedy show of sorts then Khan did ok, he's kind of likeable in a goofish way, and I fully agree putting the likes of Harman or Hansen on your comedy show would be a mistake. They are simply not funny. They'd be a terrible contribution to the hilarious stuff that goes on in the Amazon room...
Old 10-22-2007, 03:35 AM

i like this guy...seems like he is having fun...sure its annoying to get knocked out and your opponent makes a cheerleaderdance but i had some good laughs and i dont think he makes that to hurt other people feelings, i guess thats just his weird way to celebrate...kenny tran says something like "maybe i am the best, i am so sick, man i am good etc." , he dances, so what?
personally i think i would have more fun with a guy like khan at my table than with someone like devilfish ,helmuth or this former dealer who sat next to daniel negreanu.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The mental defect may be authentic. He was going just as insane in the crowd for the WPT Pokerstars Caribbean Adventure (just noticed it on the replay).

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-22-2007, 01:42 PM

Here is the bottomline on this clown. If he just was another loudmouth, fine. He can scream and yell and get all excited just like most players under 30. But what makes him a douche is that he does it when he busts out other players and even worse, did it at the final table when another player's tournament was at stake and he had no direct involvement in the hand. Yes, I know it moved him up in money but that was the time to show some class and he didn't.

So, Kahn is a douche.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's great and entertaining to watch. At least he is a character, even if you find him annoying.

This isn't golf or tennis. It's poker. Get some emotion in there. It's getting old just seeing people stand up for all in's or saying "come on King".

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not so great if you find him irritating which I did. Thank goodness for the mute button on my remote.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your finger got nowhere NEAR the mute button, even when Khan was doing his thing. You watched through it just like everyone else.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:13 PM

lol
Old 10-22-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your finger got nowhere NEAR the mute button, even when Khan was doing his thing. You watched through it just like everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a bold thing to say. I muted it every time Humberto or Hevad started with their bs. Why would you make such a dumb statement? Just curious.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a bold thing to say. I muted it every time Humberto or Hevad started with their bs. Why would you make such a dumb statement? Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I was hoping there was no one petty or sheltered enough to actually mute something as insignificant as that. You just proved me wrong.

Do you cover your ears when there's a loudmouth at your table, too?