Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 10-07-2007, 09:39 AM

Default Re: Poker made me cry

It takes far too long to play a decent sample at live poker for you to be able to say you "can't beat it." Live poker, especially the small stakes, is like the easiest thing to beat ever, but variance will still bite you in the ass. I was prob breakeven lifetime through 3 or so Vegas trips (lasting from 2-6 days) and then over the summer I made like $5k during the 3-4 weeks I was there...swongs man, they're one thing.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It takes far too long to play a decent sample at live poker for you to be able to say you "can't beat it."

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but like, based on this logic, everyone should just keep playing because, maybe theyre a winner! and its just variance. if youre losing, barring any further information, youre probably a loser.

i mean yeah he definitely might be a winner, i dont know, but like just thinking "man i post on 2+2, im obviously a winning player" and calling it a downswing as you continuously lose money/breakeven is being a bit overly optimistic imo.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
k, well then, i've played stars mixed games with you before, and you suck

[/ QUOTE ]
That's the thing. I think its possible I've played more non-micro mixed game hands than anyone (I was big in the Full Tilt SNGs when they started) and yet I still suck. I win at Stars Triple Draw to keep my roll afloat but but there aren't enough games to play that full time. Actually, Other Poker is the only strat forum I read semi-regularly. Hmmm.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh well at least you're not me

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
why do you have to play poker?

[/ QUOTE ]
I play poker because the only option I see is watching more TV. I'm working on developing interests: I'm taking a couple community college classes but its slow and I tried the Video Game thing and that didn't work. Also if I quit poker I'd probably have to quit 2+2 and I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you guys.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play poker because the only option I see is watching more TV. I'm working on developing interests: I'm taking a couple community college classes but its slow and I tried the Video Game thing and that didn't work. Also if I quit poker I'd probably have to quit 2+2 and I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it's perfectly possible to stop playing poker and stick around on 2+2. You move from being a poker-player to being a poker-fan, but, hey, nothing wrong with that, especially if playing poker is damaging your life.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it's perfectly possible to stop playing poker and stick around on 2+2. You move from being a poker-player to being tuq

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-07-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't forget, you're also a virgin!

[/ QUOTE ]
lolllll