What's "jave" ?

Did you try the "popopop.bat" file ?
Old 05-16-2007, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Universal Replayer V1.4 available

OSX 10.4.8
Java 1.5.0
This is what the shell script I have..
#!/usr/bin/sh
java -cp popopop_player.jar;session.jar;xbean.jar;jsr173_ap i.jar;conf/properties application.MainController &
Old 05-16-2007, 04:36 AM

Ok : here's a possible solution : edit the script, and replace all ";" with ":"
The "path separator" is different with MacOSX.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:11 PM

Is there a step by step helpfile on how to use this program?

I tried exporting some hand histories from PT, it won't even recognize the FTP ones but it will recognize the PS ones.

So then I put them in a folder, did the scan function and it appears to have created an XML file for each PS session but not the FTP sessions.

So then I went to the file -> open, selected a PS xml file, it loaded the players onto the table but I can't seem to click play. It doesn't do anything. I clicked the green boxes at the bottom and it changed around the players, but again I can't play.

I think to make this app good you realy need to have it find sessions directly out of the PT db. I think you should be able to select a session from there, have it grab the hh/put it into xml/whatever you need.

Also there should be a way to show only my hole cards and hide everyone else's when replaying a hand (if this functionality doesn't already exist).

Thanks
KoW
Old 05-16-2007, 06:22 PM

I couldn't get the HH copy/pasted out of my PT to work, using FTP history 6max.

Also, once this does work, the way I go over HHs now is through the Game Notes tab in PT, filtered for a specific day. Then I go over the biggest pots lost/won. Is it possible to replicate this functionality in your player, or would I have to export the hands I want to replay?
Old 05-18-2007, 05:28 AM

Popopop,

Amazing stuff man. I have been looking for something like this for ages and your replayer works perfect with partypoker. I love how you can highlight specific hands (great for coaching).
Keep up the good work!
Old 05-18-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a step by step helpfile on how to use this program?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, and i apologize for this. I'm currently working on a dedicated website for the replayer, with video ( you-tube like ) explaining how to use the different features, configure it etc...

[ QUOTE ]

I tried exporting some hand histories from PT, it won't even recognize the FTP ones but it will recognize the PS ones.

So then I put them in a folder, did the scan function and it appears to have created an XML file for each PS session but not the FTP sessions.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is weird. I've beta tested the replayer with many Full Tilt users, and it seemed to work fine. But none of my "beta testers" extract their FT files from PT. They just notified the hard drive FT log folder ( c:\ProgramFiles\FullTilt\History for example... ) in the "scan/scan folders menu".

I wonder if PT modifies the history files before adding them to you DB. Another explanation is that you only have very old FT histories, old enough to hold a different format than the one used today.

[ QUOTE ]

So then I went to the file -> open, selected a PS xml file, it loaded the players onto the table but I can't seem to click play. It doesn't do anything. I clicked the green boxes at the bottom and it changed around the players, but again I can't play.

[/ QUOTE ]

This surprises me too. When you click the play button ( just below the table, between the step back/step forward buttons ), the icon should turn into a square ( to stop the playing ), and the table should start playing. The playing speed is not configurable "on-the-fly" ( you can change it in the option menu ), which is a real void i'm intended to fill in the next release.

The fact is i never use myself this button. When i replay a session, i don't want to do it like i'm watching a movie. That's because i'm not patient enough to replay the whole thing [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] . I need to browse quickly throughout the session, and for each hand, i don't want to wait for the 7 not involved players to fold their hand. I use 3 differents browsing devices :
1) The "green bar", at the bottom of the window. It represents the session, and each rectangle is a hand. When you watch your chips evolution ( in the "graph tab" ) the exact same bar serves a the absciss coordinate, and you can double click anwhere on the graph to jump straight to this hand.
2) The "street-slider" ( on the left, just below the table ). I can easily jump to a specific street ( no need to clic "play", wait for the entire hand to pass and eventually reach the river if that's what i want to analyse ).
3) The step back / step forward buttons, which allows me to move throught the different "actions" ( call, fold, raise, etc.. ) of the hand.

But when you want to watch a entire session, and especially a session that's not yours, the play button is usefull. I just need to add a slider to tweak playing speed.

I don't understand why i doens't work for you.

If you want me to help find out what's wrong ( i'll cheerfully do it ), i need you to send me at least one sample of your non-working FT file, and one sample of your non-replaying PS hand. My email is popopop-poker@gmail.com

[ QUOTE ]

I think to make this app good you realy need to have it find sessions directly out of the PT db. I think you should be able to select a session from there, have it grab the hh/put it into xml/whatever you need.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not developped ( yet ) any special connectivity with PT. But I know PT is popular and i'll fill this void in a next release.
I don't know exactly how PT stores the HH ( i don't have it myself ). But if your HH are in some kind of folder, here is a thing that works : you drag & drop the file on my replayer, tell him what poker room it's from, and that's it.

[ QUOTE ]

Also there should be a way to show only my hole cards and hide everyone else's when replaying a hand (if this functionality doesn't already exist).

Thanks
KoW

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there's a checkbox ( on the right panel ) that allows you to preview the showed and mucked cards, but if you don't touch it, you should only be able to see your hole cards only...
Old 05-18-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't get the HH copy/pasted out of my PT to work, using FTP history 6max.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand what's not working... And i don't know "FTP history 6max". Is this another tool ? ( note : i don't have PT myself... )
If you have a sample of FT file that's not working, i could help you if you'd email it to me ( popopop.poker@gmail.com )

[ QUOTE ]

Also, once this does work, the way I go over HHs now is through the Game Notes tab in PT, filtered for a specific day. Then I go over the biggest pots lost/won. Is it possible to replicate this functionality in your player, or would I have to export the hands I want to replay?

[/ QUOTE ]

As for today, there's no such feature in my replayer. The pb is i don't handle the converted files as some kind of database. But i receive a lot of requests asking me for such features, so i'm going to think about it seriously for the next release...
Old 05-18-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Popopop,

Amazing stuff man. I have been looking for something like this for ages and your replayer works perfect with partypoker. I love how you can highlight specific hands (great for coaching).
Keep up the good work!

[/ QUOTE ]

cheers [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2007, 07:20 PM

BUMP

So cool. Great Job Popopop!