Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness

Old 11-13-2007, 12:01 AM

Default Re: Healthy frozen dinners

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lame. Food b cheap. Just change your tastes. I'm sure I could gain like 97% of the nutritional value of what I eat for like <50% of the cost.

[/ QUOTE ]
God I wish I lived in the US where food is actually cheap. You would have a heart attack if you saw my grocery bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. Not as much as I would over your tax bill.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Meh. Not as much as I would over your tax bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually from what I can tell Icelandic tax law is much simpler and more fair than US taxes, and in many cases far lower. The Corporate tax rate is only 18%, and tax on interest income is only 10%. The total personal income tax is lower than what I pay as a California resident.

Also just about every poker player in the world pays way less taxes than we do. I'm paying around 50% taxes.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:32 AM

cbloom,

you are seriously well informed. We have a 35.72% income tax and you get a "personal discount" of that which is about $550. I work in IT and make about an average salary for that field and my total effective income tax last month was 32%.

But that's not the whole story. The real tax is the 24.5% VAT which is on almost any consumer product. Also, the fact that we're a very small economy dominated by large companies that have a virtual monopoly on the market. E.g. about 90% of grocery stores in iceland are controlled by 2 corporations and they are suspected of using price control.

Fun fact: A single big mac (not a meal) is about $8, depending on how much the dollar has fallen that day.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:17 PM

arent' all the frozen thingees loaded with MSG?
Old 11-13-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kosher chicken breasts are the first step on the road to bustoing your ATM account. What a [censored] ripoff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize the image i posted was for kosher breasts - What about non-kosher ones, are they available? I imagine that the ones at Cosco are fairly reasonable in terms of price/lb.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cbloom,

you are seriously well informed. We have a 35.72% income tax and you get a "personal discount" of that which is about $550. I work in IT and make about an average salary for that field and my total effective income tax last month was 32%.

But that's not the whole story. The real tax is the 24.5% VAT which is on almost any consumer product. Also, the fact that we're a very small economy dominated by large companies that have a virtual monopoly on the market. E.g. about 90% of grocery stores in iceland are controlled by 2 corporations and they are suspected of using price control.

Fun fact: A single big mac (not a meal) is about $8, depending on how much the dollar has fallen that day.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol taxaments

god that is sick
Old 11-15-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
buy fresh vegetables and fruit...eat as much as you want raw. That's even faster than frozen meals for the busy man. Use some frozen meals for your protein/variety.

[/ QUOTE ]
Getting 3k+ calories and 250g+ of protein is extremely hard without 2 dead-animal meals a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry...missed where OP said he needed 3k cals/day
Old 11-20-2007, 12:51 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

paying mexicans for tacos is the efficient way to eat imo.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:59 AM

I actually eat lots of the LC meals, mainly bc im a student though and dont know how to/ refuse to cook, ldo. just be careful tho bc those things are full of salt, which obviously isnt great for ur health
Old 11-29-2007, 12:48 AM

Weight Watcher makes these chicken tacos that are really good. They taste as good as something you might get at Taco Bell.