Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit

Old 06-17-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Re: 100/200 rio hand v teddy\'s friend

[ QUOTE ]
If i ever get around to playing with you guys, im totally bluffraising AQ or worse in this situation and value raising AK or better.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya poker is so easy.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO no this is not possible. Live players are quick to put people on AK and if he donks this river that's exactly what his hand looks like. Also, they never expect anyone to fold AK here so the raise would clearly be for value unless they are a maniac, and then they don't put you on a hand anyway so its sort of irrelevant.

Also you could argue to check/call river to induce a bluff but I think given the particular card that fell it will go check/check when you are good and he'll only bet when you are beat. So I guess if you think there are just too many combos that beat you check/fold is a decent play to consider too.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your thought process but I think AxKc plays this way enough that I don't really want to take a line that includes folding 1/2 of a big pot.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet/fold. DD's reasons are spot on.

[/ QUOTE ]

the kicker here imo is that you stopped to look at your cards. if you didn't and just smooth called his raise, & donked the river, i'd be more likely to bet/call.

but imo this LOOKS like you have an unpaired hand given the call & the pause. when you donk the ace, if he thinks you are bluffing w/ like KQ (and you'd 4 bet him pf w/ that cheese) then he'd call. not raise. if he riases your river bet, you're pretty much toast.

the only issue here imo is how often he'd raise AKc on the turn. if there's a decent shot at that, i'd bet/call.

otherwise, if he raises, you're looking at a set/flush/ or AT imo after the way you played the turn.

Barron