No 10 83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 10:19 AM

Default Re: 60k \"Staking\" dispute

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Giving away your password in online poker has to be a really really bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really can't believe the level of distrust and cynicism amongst online poker players sometimes

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Poker players have to be the most gullible and trusting of all people on average. To easy to con/scam. Just think of how easily lots of poker players transfer money to each other. How easily it is to get screwed.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many replies is that in a row to FF's joke that didn't realize it was sarcasm? Absolute gold. You guys are easily to fool.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Giving away your password in online poker has to be a really really bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really can't believe the level of distrust and cynicism amongst online poker players sometimes

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Poker players have to be the most gullible and trusting of all people on average. To easy to con/scam. Just think of how easily lots of poker players transfer money to each other. How easily it is to get screwed.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many replies is that in a row to FF's joke that didn't realize it was sarcasm? Absolute gold. You guys are easily to fool.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh it wasnt funny, how about trying not to clog the thread with useless BS anymore?
Old 05-21-2007, 11:11 AM

It it normal that I skipped everything after the first page except for Diablo's posts?

I dont think BoostedJ thinks he did anything wrong here. I believe he is trying to be an honourable guy and in his head twisted the story so he can convince himself that he is being reasonable. Its pretty much the most basic sociology/physiology case study, of the criminal who convinces himself what he is doing isnt bad, so he can sleep at night. So while booosted has acted shady and I believe he is in the wrong, its a little different than purposely stealing from someone. I still wouldnt trust him with money though after this unless things were very very clear and even then.

I also dont understand how anyone needs staking, ever masically. Have bankroll management, be smart with your money. Dont give me [censored] about how hard it is to get money back online. When you have money and force of will at your disposal you can do anything.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:11 AM

OP has learnt not to be so incredibly trusting of others with his money.

Boosted probably is thinking '[censored] i have lost this guy's money, oh wait, i can get around it by saying it was all a stake'.

just work out what money was lost under the wording 'stake' and what was under 'loan' or 'stake with 100% payback' or whatever. the former is not paid back, the latter is.

if boosted doesnt pay back the latter, then hire some guys to break his legs.

dont know boosted, he could be a decent guy, but in this it sounds like a guy who [censored] up and now is trying to get off on a technicality.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:17 AM

I'm really surprised by the reaction of the posters in general.

It maybe be difficult to understand at first but after reading the Boostedj posts I think everything is pretty clear.

The.Filth should realize it was nonsense to think it was a loan AND also he was getting part of the profit. So the deal was a stake. And if you stake someone is your money what is on the tables.

Also, I'm sure that if The.Filth had gone through all of this more carefully he could had negotiated a good agreement with Boostedj. As his credibility is clearly worth a lot for him.

regards,

dardo
Old 05-21-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really surprised by the reaction of the posters in general.

It maybe be difficult to understand at first but after reading the Boostedj posts I think everything is pretty clear.

The.Filth should realize it was nonsense to think it was a loan AND also he was getting part of the profit. So the deal was a stake. And if you stake someone is your money what is on the tables.

Also, I'm sure that if The.Filth had gone through all of this more carefully he could had negotiated a good agreement with Boostedj. As his credibility is clearly worth a lot for him.

regards,

dardo

[/ QUOTE ]

However OP was under the impression that that it wasn't. Boosted told him that it was a '100% no loss' agreement, OP didn't know what a 'make up' meant and Boosted took advantage of that naivety. Besides making the false '100% no loss' statement, Boosted would be right technically. However this is a very shady thing of Boosted to do. From what, I understand that guy basicly sent his entire roll to Boosted. I cannot understand how someone can claim his reputation is so valuable to him and yet pull a thing like this.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Boosted told him that it was a '100% no loss' agreement ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Staking a winning player like Boostedj is a sweet deal.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't in any way reply to what he just said.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

him: lemme throw this out there
him: I dont know exactly when these guys are going to pay
him: I would think in a week or two
him: instead of loaning me money
him: would you like some of my action and just BR me on FTP until I get my funds released?
him: stake me and I'll provide makeup if I lose
him: that way it's 100% no loss for you

me: whoa
me: what's in it for you though?
him: I borrowed 10k from someone else
him: and they are freaking out
him: that I'm playing 1 table of 25/50 ring
him: so it might be easier just to deal with you
him: and that way
him: I dont feel bad borrowing 30k from you
him: and I can play more freely
me: okay sure
me: sounds like a win win situation for both of us

[/ QUOTE ]

It was incredbibly naive of the OP to think that he could loan the money and receive 50% of the profits. However isn't it more then clear that Boosted hustled him into it? OP had no idea what was really going on, and Boosted knew that.

How can Boosted confirm it's a win-win situation for both of them without blatantly lying?

Edit: Boosted didn't confirm this in the chat above. I wanted to point out what the OP thought. I presume he never replied to that statement, for obvious reasons.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As his credibility is clearly worth a lot for him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Clearly.
Closed Thread