Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Best popular economist ever?
Friedrich von Hayek 4 7.84%
Milton Friedman 9 17.65%
Murray Rothbard 3 5.88%
Ludwig Von Mises 7 13.73%
John Maynard Keynes 3 5.88%
Adam Smith 21 41.18%
Thomas Sowell 4 7.84%
Paul Samuelson 0 0%
Lawrence Klein 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2007, 01:39 AM

Default Re: ZeeJustin>>>>>> Phil Hellmuth

[ QUOTE ]
ZeeJustin >>>>>> Phil Hellmuth

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously these jokes are getting old people. We get it. He is 6x greater than a single person.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:59 AM

I really thought that Phil justs hams it up for the camera, but when I was at his non tv table in a tournament he was horrible to play with. He made a big deal about the most boring hands, like I raised early position with AK he calls on the button. I bet on a rags flop and he goes on and on about how terrible the play is and people get lucky on the flop and blah blah. He gave like a 3 minute speech before folding for a pot that was like 12 big blinds and less then 10% of our stacks.

I really thought that the whole poker brat thing was pure marketing but now I am not so sure. I also think I pissed him off because I pretended to not know who he was. I asked him what he did for a living just to [censored] with him, it was pretty obvious to everybody at the table that I was joking but he still went on for a few minutes about how great he was just in case I was serious..
Old 06-29-2007, 02:06 AM

didn't he just get divorced? Or am I making that up?
Old 06-29-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
didn't he just get divorced? Or am I making that up?

[/ QUOTE ]

o rly?
Old 06-29-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Men was so on tilt that he turned around and started yelling at some railbirds, accusing them of looking at his hole cards and giving away tells.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so unbelievably ironic.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really thought that Phil justs hams it up for the camera, but when I was at his non tv table in a tournament he was horrible to play with. He made a big deal about the most boring hands, like I raised early position with AK he calls on the button. I bet on a rags flop and he goes on and on about how terrible the play is and people get lucky on the flop and blah blah. He gave like a 3 minute speech before folding for a pot that was like 12 big blinds and less then 10% of our stacks.

I really thought that the whole poker brat thing was pure marketing but now I am not so sure. I also think I pissed him off because I pretended to not know who he was. I asked him what he did for a living just to [censored] with him, it was pretty obvious to everybody at the table that I was joking but he still went on for a few minutes about how great he was just in case I was serious..

[/ QUOTE ]

Taking half of Hellmuth's money = teh nuts.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
zeejustin rules.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-29-2007, 02:58 AM

Calling BluffThis!
Old 06-29-2007, 03:00 AM

durron, please to be deleting your post, kthx.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:33 AM

The first time I played with Phil Hellmutt was around 1987 a few years before he won the main event.

We were playing in a 5-5-10 no-limit game at the Hilton in Reno. One guy in the game flopped three kings and Hellmutt made three aces on the river. The guy went on tilt and gave Hellmutt a lot more money.

During the course of the game Hellmutt went on and on and on about the games he played in back home (I play with Doctors and lawyers and very wealthy businessmen), and about how great he was and just non-stop who cares nonsense. I was sitting right next to him, so it was especially bad. He was the most obnoxious [censored] I'd ever played with to date.

What you see is what you get with this [censored]. He's always been like this, that's how he is now, and he'll always be like this.

One of my favorite Phill Hellmutt stories was told by what's his name (the guy who wrote Kill Phil). Phil's in a hand and he gets drawn out on and yells out "NOOOOOOOOO!!!"
Thirty or forty people in the games surrounding him all yell out simultaneously, "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!"

LOL.