Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Back to my bread and butter (fullring)

So heres the deal. I took a semester off from school to play poker. Unlike every other poker player who has taken time off, i actually plan to go back. So i have until next fall semester to make a [censored] of money.

A little background...

Back in the good old days when i played on party, i pretty much only played full ring. I worked my way up through the limits and last summer i played a little less than 100k hands in the 5-10 game. After party closed down to U.S. customers, i decided that it would be a good time to learn 6max. I played a little 1-2 to get used to it, then about 70k hands at 2-4 which i beat for like 4ptbb's and have sprinkled in about 20k hands at 3-6 and about the same at 5-10. I have def made a chunk of change at 6max but it hasn't come as easy as it was at full ring. I know the games are a lot tougher now then they were at party, but i am confident that i could be a huge winner in the 3-6 5-10 games with much less variance. So basically here is what I'm going to do....

Instead of jumping right into the bigger full ring games on stars when i have like 95% of my bankroll. I am going to grind the 1-2 full ring games on full tilt and move my way up the limits. I am doing this for a few different reasons. 1-I need to get back into the flow of fr games because they play much differently then 6m, I'm assuming i can do this in 10k hands or so. 2-I deposited a 15 buyin roll for 2-4 on full tilt like 5 days ago and have proceeded to donk it off at 5-10 and tournaments... i have 2400 left. 3-For the past 8 months or so i have been playing on a huge bankroll for the games I'm in. I look forward to the thrill of moving up... i guess its something to shoot for again.

And i guess the presence of this forum has also played a roll in turning me back to full ring. I have 12 buyins for 1-2 right now on full tilt and will 8 table those games (lol) until i get 20 buyins for 2-4 and then 20 buyins for 3-6. I assume i can do this in 2 weeks time. I'm planing on playing 3-5k hands a day. And also for the first time in my history on 2p2 i am going to try and contribute something to the forums... btw i here this forum pretty much blows so hopefully i can help turn that around.

So this is my quest to turn my 2400 dollar bankroll on fulltilt into 12k in two weeks time. Ill update everyday with screenshots of my pokertracker and post hands and [censored] like that.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Back to my bread and butter (fullring)

whats ur nick
Old 01-30-2007, 04:02 PM

good luck bro. if any of my advice in one of your threads serves to assist you feel free to transfer me a chunk.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:06 PM

dude if this is your job you should just stay in school. just pick professors that only give tests and no homework or papers(the lazy ones). im staying in school becuase i have a feeling that online poker may take a dive in the us, and i dont want to end up with no education if it does.(not to mention im on a full ride, passing up free college is dumb)

my adive in building a bankroll is to have 30buy ins before you move up and stop when you are down to 25. thats a much safer and mentaly stable way to build. you move to fast and youll start freakin. gl and i think you can do it easily.

get your ass back to school asap.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dude if this is your job you should just stay in school. just pick professors that only give tests and no homework or papers(the lazy ones). im staying in school becuase i have a feeling that online poker may take a dive in the us, and i dont want to end up with no education if it does.(not to mention im on a full ride, passing up free college is dumb)

my adive in building a bankroll is to have 30buy ins before you move up and stop when you are down to 25. thats a much safer and mentaly stable way to build. you move to fast and youll start freakin. gl and i think you can do it easily.

get your ass back to school asap.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol didnt i make it pretty clear that i was going back to school next semester.

and lol to you giving me bankroll advice... i am easily rolled for 5-10. This quest is just to relearn full ring in a very short amount of time and make some decent change while i do that. I really dont think me moving up from 1-2 to 2-4 will have me "freakin". doesnt 1-2 fr play like.5-1 6m... and so on up the limits?
Old 01-30-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whats ur nick

[/ QUOTE ]

SexyPlexi on ftp
Old 01-30-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
doesnt 1-2 fr play like.5-1 6m... and so on up the limits?

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?
Old 01-30-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

1-2 fullring is as hard as .5-1 6max... 2-4 fullring is as hard as 1-2 6 max.... and so on up the limits
Old 01-30-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

1-2 fullring is as hard as .5-1 6max... 2-4 fullring is as hard as 1-2 6 max.... and so on up the limits

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. i understood what you were saying. i have just never heard this before.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:30 PM

none of them are hard.