Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Foxwoods 5-10 kill: Ruling Taxonomy

5-10 ruling animalia. Inspired by dealer venting post

Last weekend I believe I heard the entire catalog of stupid Foxwoods complaints in the 5-10 lhe game kill game. All of the usual monsters reared their heads last weekend despite the fact that half the table have been playing that game for the past 2 years+.

1. Straddlesaurus. Can you straddle a kill pot? 8:00 pm floor says YES. 2:00 am floor says NO. The utg put out double the current bet (20$) like we always do. Same guy tries the same thing at 2:00 am and a nit [censored] starts whining. (Why would we want people throwing money in the pot from early position blind?). Graveyard floor, who was a former competent dealer says no.

2. Stinkcompletus. How much do you put in to call a 15$ bet? I am on the kill for 10$. and ss goes all in pf for 15$. Silly Asian player on my right, let’s call him “Larl” throws out 20$. I don’t know whether Larl meant to call, raise, complete, or just doesn‘t want to think in odd numbers.

I fold my junk but would have called one chip to see a flop. Obviously I miss out on another kill pot.

3. The Creature from Modest Call-ifornia. Who has to show down when it goes check, check? This rule has remained the same for the past 5 years. The remaining players stare at each other and play 20 questions. Flush? str8? A set is good if you got it? Pair? Animal Mineral or Vegetable?

The loser must show his hand when he can’t think of a question, or realizes to get unstuck he must allow another hand to be dealt. But trouble comes with his more seemingly vicious cousin…

4. Shy-Lion How do you handle a bettor who refuses to show? The bluffer got called for the 9th time in a row but demands the caller show his hand first. Do we:

a. rap on the aquarium by invoking IWTSTHSWCHAS?

b. annoy the dealer by waking him up to enforce the rule.

c. summon the floor (Flora Ignoramus) this more or less throws us back to the conclusion of 3.

Anyway here’s my question. Have all species been represented or is there another familiar monster lurking behind the back stairs waiting for next time?
Old 07-31-2007, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods 5-10 kill: Ruling Taxonomy

can't forget the dealera ignoramus - you know the dealer that doesn't enforce any rule and lets the players run the game. Doesn't make any side pots. As soon as they get to the table it takes them 10 minutes to count their tray. The blank stares into space after river has been dealt and showdown is done. Sending huge pots to losers and the winner of the pot has to cause a fuss to make it right.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:09 PM

great post.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:10 PM

lol

A+ post

about the other thread i brought it up before leaving at 6am this morning with johnny and another floor and i guess they have been getting a lot of flack about it and have heard about the situation and the post from a number of people.

at first johnny agreed with me then the other floor, cant remember his name, (older guy who is one of the head guys on hte floor) goes through a rant about it being closest to button showing which makes alot of sense. his feeling was that if you are playing limit the dealer shoudnt have to remember whos capping or 3 betting when it goes check check on the river. makes sense and im glad i know what the official ruling will be now.

they are going to do a huge revamping and get everyone on hte same page with a few of these odd rulings where people go different ways on issues.

but again A+ OP i loled
Old 07-31-2007, 05:18 PM

Shufflupapus. Like a roommate who wont give up trying to vacuum up a stubborn bit of lint, dealers who insist on continually feeding a ShuffleMaster which has clearly malfunctioned.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:51 PM

Looks like you were missing the double kill pot question. i.e. when both the main pot and side pot are >100. That is always good for a 5 min delay. Thank god the games are not time.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:14 PM

I love this thread.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shufflupapus. Like a roommate who wont give up trying to vacuum up a stubborn bit of lint, dealers who insist on continually feeding a ShuffleMaster which has clearly malfunctioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, along with Gambler Inaudiblus who tries to tell him that he can fix it by taking all the cards out and reseting it.

Pisan. Smack. Someone tried to spring that one us too. For fun, ask them the max number of kills. Then say, "wouldn't it be the same as the number of kill buttons in the tray?"
Old 08-01-2007, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, along with Gambler Inaudiblus who tries to tell him that he can fix it by taking all the cards out and reseting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. Usually our shuffler problems are resolved through a reset. At least for a while.

Playera toogoodforus - Casually leans back and flips one chip at a time in for his blind. Sits in the 3 seat and doesn't put chips out past the line. Tries to grab the stub to rabbit hunt. Endless Holywooding.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tries to grab the stub to rabbit hunt.

[/ QUOTE ]

On a serious note this is why I prefer the stub be mucked rather than set aside.