Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Extracting with flopped set Against Good Player from BB

I usually lead in spots like this, but villan is a good regular player, and I am just curious what you guys think is the best way to extract with a hand like this on flop like this. My guess as to opponents range is A8s+ KTs+ 66+ and maybe some offsuit broadways. I know only way to get money in the pot is to bet, but do bet now and risk blowing him off the hand or do i let him catch up on the turn? If he has 2PR/set already then hes going to be putting money in the pot for me. I know this is very situational and etc...but for arguments sake I have been fairly active at this table, but regualar has played a few hundred hands with me and knows i play fairly TAG. Do u lead, C/C or C/R?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($405.40)
Hero ($431.60)
UTG ($396)
UTG+1 ($614.90)
MP1 ($80.90)
MP2 ($361.40)
MP3 ($344)
CO ($400)
Button ($404)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $16</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $12.

Flop: ($34) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">
Old 05-11-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Extracting with flopped set Against Good Player from BB

c/r

reraise preflop fairly often preflop too
Old 05-11-2007, 09:03 PM

lead or c/r usually. If he's somewhat loose, c/r works well because most of the time he'll have air and I want his cbet bluff. If he's overly aggro, I lead expecting him to raise with junk a good % of the time.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:45 PM

If villain is a 90% cb'er, then c/r enough on the flop to make it look like you have 66 or TT and don't really want a call, but not so much that he won't seriously consider at least calling with an overpair. Villain will fold over cards, that he might have folded if you led the flop anyway. And he'll be put to the test with an overpair. He'll say, "Why so much??? 66? TT? Air??? Set or 2-pair??? Whaa?"
Old 05-11-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c/r

reraise preflop fairly often preflop too

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if villain's range is really ...

[ QUOTE ]
My guess as to opponents range is A8s+ KTs+ 66+ and maybe some offsuit broadways.

[/ QUOTE ]

... that reraising with 88 sometimes is probably good.

I hadn't considered that, but vs this range of raises from CO I think a big resteal that a least has a shot at a set if called and/or fold equity if you cb is probably good.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:50 AM

Yah i didnt put in a RR here because I had been pretty active after sitting down and did not want to repop in a spot where i could easily be up against a bigger PP and be out of position against a solid player only flopping a set one in seven times or seeing some paint on the flop and leading out blind. Good point though, if that was truly his range, then I guess the RR would def. be a good idea here, and whats better than having a semi-wild image, 3betting from the blinds, and flopping a set?
Old 05-12-2007, 02:31 AM

Very good points Albert...i didnt even check my PAHUD to see what his c/bet % was...ummmm....that woulda helped lol

For [censored] n giggles...say I did repop him from the blinds and he calls.....would you lead on all these flops...could you check fold any of those flops ever? C/R? And dont tell me its situational...i know this already. =). All of these hands are assuming villan is solid player (and prob has an edge over you from more experience(not too sure though))
Dont feel obligated to talk about every flop unless you want lol...if one triggers a thought....let me know...thanks.

Your Hand Preflop= 8c8s

Flops=
1.) KsTc5d
2.) Qh5h6s
3.) Ac2d9c
4.) 3d4d5c
5.) 2d5d7d
6.) AcKcTc
7.) 6c7d9s
Old 05-12-2007, 03:26 AM

check/call flop and donk any turn so he will put a nasty note on you and question your solidnessity.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:51 AM

lol .... good idea and solidnessity...thats an awesome word!