Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Re: sorry and i\'m alive

cliff notes ftw plz
Old 10-17-2007, 07:24 PM

I expect a Mass Culling upon your full-time return.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's not out of line. If any other poster had done this it would be open season on them, and you wouldn't be defending someone you aren't buddy-buddy with. I know it's tough to hear your friend did something rather scummy, but at least make an attempt to be objective.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did I defend him? I don't even know what the accusation is, nor whether or not he did it. All I was doing was calling Dids out for being a douche. Me be objective? Impossible, unless I am not arguing one way or the other.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder how Elaine feels about all this, btw

[/ QUOTE ]

owned.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nobody "owns" an Elaine.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's not out of line. If any other poster had done this it would be open season on them, and you wouldn't be defending someone you aren't buddy-buddy with. I know it's tough to hear your friend did something rather scummy, but at least make an attempt to be objective.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did I defend him? I don't even know what the accusation is, nor whether or not he did it. All I was doing was calling Dids out for being a douche. Me be objective? Impossible, unless I am not arguing one way or the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids is right on this one, any other poster gets immediately called out for borrowing a lot of money and then vanishing, they don't get to say they're sorry and then slink away again without paying anyone back. During the height of the mass cullings, a post like this would have gotten you banned within 5 minutes, bringing it up doesn't make you a douche.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dids is right on this one, any other poster gets immediately called out for borrowing a lot of money and then vanishing, they don't get to say they're sorry and then slink away again without paying anyone back.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm destined to regret getting involved in this, but two things about the bolded text:

- do you know that he borrowed "a lot" of money? "A lot" is subjective anyway, dependent on people's bankrolls and how much they are bothered by outstanding debt. He may have borrowed "a little" from a number of people, and the fact that the people who are owed only mention it in passing implies that they aren't too bothered by it, at least not yet, or that they may be classy enough to bring it up in private instead of airing it over the forums.

- he may have vanished, but it seems to be for personal reasons, not to run away from a debt. More importantly, he returned and asked for contrition.

In short, the people who he owes should be the ones having a beef with him, not their friends or any of us. I don't see how it's our business, given that those are all personal relationships that transcend 2+2 anyway.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:59 PM

ty tuq, you wrapped it up in a nutshell.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:47 PM

[censored] borrowed money and didn't pay some people back while giving no explanation, am I right? He also decided to ditch the internet addiction (an excellent idea) before paying people back what he owes, or even explaining why he can't pay right away.

All Dids did was bring up a valid character point in a thread that is sucking [censored] 's dick.

(If I have any of this wrong, I apologize and will change my mind about things)
Old 10-17-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder how Elaine feels about all this, btw

[/ QUOTE ]

marked.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] borrowed money and didn't pay some people back while giving no explanation, am I right? He also decided to ditch the internet addiction (an excellent idea) before paying people back what he owes, or even explaining why he can't pay right away.

All Dids did was bring up a valid character point in a thread that is sucking [censored] 's dick.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know the guy but it's pretty LOL that the knee-jerk response to receiving positive feedback is to look for a character flaw to exploit.

Let's look at this paragraph from the OP:

"Part of that was getting away from my environment including my family, other influences, poker, the internet and even 2p2 so I can focus on making good choices and doing something with my life. I am very very sorry that I let so many people down who were incredibly supportive and kind to me. While I have problems, problems I am working there are no excuses. I won't ask for forgiveness only time and a little understanding."

So what is so hard to understand about this, and who are we to judge? I swear, some people just like kicking others when they're down. The only people who should be allowed to take exception to the above are those who are owed money by him. Everyone else just seems to be piling on.