Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 07:43 PM

Default RakeTheRake

I have just set up an account with full tilt through raketherake. I have completed all the necessary steps and am just waiting on an email from them asking for my details.
Does anyone know how long I have to wait for this mail. It has already been six hours. Also can I deposit and play now without ruining the whole affiliate rakeback deal(before getting the email from them, that is)
Old 01-05-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Re: RakeTheRake

You are probably fine to deposit and start playing, but you may want to wait for RTRs confirmation email. Those take anywhere from 1-24 hours.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:10 AM

took me a day.. pretty fast.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can I deposit and play now without ruining the whole affiliate rakeback deal

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you can.

Regards,

Heidi

RakeAid.com
Old 01-06-2007, 09:37 AM

Took me about 48 hours to recieve confirmation, I had started playing in the meantime and it was not a problem.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:27 AM

Hiya

Just to be clear there are a couple of stages in the sign up process.

1) The acknowledgement of your registration with RTR
(This can be anything from 1 minute to 12 hours depending on the time of day (weekend) and email-server activity)

2) The second stage is confirmation that your account is tracking OK with the poker room

With some rooms you would show up on the next day's reports regardless of whether you have played or not, (e.g. Full Tilt)

With others you need to play 1 hand (e.g. InterPoker)

With others it might be making a deposit and playing 100 hands (e.g. Absolute)

In almost all cases you will need to start playing before we can confirm that your account is tracking OK, and because the reports we get from the poker rooms are 24-48 hours behind real time, the confirmation process can often take a few days.

You can always start playing straight away and if you see nothing on the rake tracking system within 96 hours of starting to play, you should contact us directly so we can check with the relevant poker room.
There might be a minor tracking issue that can be fixed quickly.

The best piece of advice that we (or any affiliate) will give a player before they sign up to a room is to ensure that you uninstall the software (if you previously downloaded it for viewing purposes) and clear your cookies and temporary internet files

In your internet browser click Tools>Internet Options> Delete Cookies and Clear Internet Files

Following the above procedure gives you the best chance of making sure your account gets tracked properly. Too many people have cookies for poker rooms they have never downloaded in their files, just from clicking a banner previously....or sometimes the banner was clicked by someone using their computer.....
This process gets rid of those cookies and gives you a better chance of successfully signing up for rakeback.

Best wishes

RakeTheRake