Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: In favour of proposed forum split?
I am a hip youngster a vote yes 10 45.45%
I am a depressed reminiscent and vote no 0 0%
I love boobies 12 54.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2007, 07:29 PM

Default Re: How much can Tiger benchpress?

he can definitely put up 3 bills....he's big enough to be a safety in the league...he works out very hard and keeps his body in perfect shape...he might not ever max out on the bench press, but if you put 3 plates on the bar, i wouldn't bet against him
Old 08-06-2007, 09:51 PM

tiger is pretty fit... 300 once at least.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:00 PM

I just saw his interview live ont eh golf channel. There is no way he can do near 300, 275 is, maybe. I dont get whre you guys are comming from at all, he is "fit" but that means little.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just saw his interview live ont eh golf channel. There is no way he can do near 300, 275 is, maybe. I dont get whre you guys are comming from at all, he is "fit" but that means little.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure it was this issue where I read the claim Tiger could do 300, tho to be fair it was the writer not Tiger who said it (same as the Agassi claim, IIRC):

Old 08-07-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So from an interview u can tell how much he can bench, I have heard from people in golf circles(people on tour or who work on the tour) that it is common knowledge that T can put up 300. Not many pro athletes can do T's workout day to day.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So from an interview u can tell how much he can bench, I have heard from people in golf circles(people on tour or who work on the tour) that it is common knowledge that T can put up 300. Not many pro athletes can do T's workout day to day.

[/ QUOTE ]

As someone who has competed in power lifting events, has pretty extensive training, and has lived in a gym for 6 years, I am pretty good at judging body types, and lifting abilities. Id be very surprised if he could get 300 up, and anyone saying for mulitple reps is insane. Just saying that "not many pros can keep up with his workout day to day" just signifies ignorance. If I was wrong, and he could lift 300, then his day to day training wouldnt be that hardcore, or taxing, it would be very minimal, lifting 3 or 4 times a week, w/ little cardio, and lifting very heavy weights, and the only intensity would be during the actual lift. I have no doubt he has a VERY taxing routine, but i would bet that what he is doing is more in teh 6 to 10 rep range, w/ little rest between sets to get his cardio and stamina up, not lifting 1 to 5 reps, which is what he would need to do to be at such a light weight for 6 1, and be able to lift a lot. Just becuase you work out really really hard doesnt mean you are strong. You train for goals, not intensity, Im sure his goal isnt to lift a ton of weight.

PS--- you guys also have to realize how STUPID it would be for him to ever come anywhere near what he can max, or to train with heavy weights right? So I seriously doubt any claim of what anyone has "seen" him come close too.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:10 PM

his work out routine has already been discussed and he's "revealed" some of it..which means barely any of it. Not sure why he's so secretive about his workout regimen.

Men's Fitness

He does high rep training, 25-50 reps a time..and sometimes does some bench for shock. He works out 3-4 hours a day, and during tournaments too.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
his work out routine has already been discussed and he's "revealed" some of it..which means barely any of it. Not sure why he's so secretive about his workout regimen.

Men's Fitness

He does high rep training, 25-50 reps a time..and sometimes does some bench for shock. He works out 3-4 hours a day, and during tournaments too.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he doens't max and is doing high rep stuff like that he's probably using a calculator to tell him he can do 300 which is probably way off if he never touches heavy weights.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:52 AM

lol at everyone here. im 5'8, 175 and can do 315 once. i've been lifting for a long time,but whatever. i would bet my house and everything in the bank that tiger can lift over 300. 300 is not like OMG!!!, get off your computers you geeks and get some real life expieriences. tiger is an exceptional athlete, pure and simple. now to say that vj or phil michelson could bench over 300 would be pure retarded banter. gg, nh.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at everyone here. im 5'8, 175 and can do 315 once. i've been lifting for a long time,but whatever. i would bet my house and everything in the bank that tiger can lift over 300. 300 is not like OMG!!!, get off your computers you geeks and get some real life expieriences. tiger is an exceptional athlete, pure and simple. now to say that vj or phil michelson could bench over 300 would be pure retarded banter. gg, nh.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are an idiot. You are 5 INCHES SHORTER, and weigh 10lbs less, there is a HUGE DISCREPENCY. For tiger to have the same build as you, he would have to be about 40lbs heavier. (every inch is about 10 lbs). I have about 10 times more real life experience w/ powerlifting than anyone on this board, and Ill take your bet if you want to contact your mortgage company. When I started powerlifting, I trained EXCLUSIVELY for strength, I was 6ft 180, and maxed about 250 (this was after a year of training...how long has tiger ben strength training like this?). Ill give tiger the benefit of the doubt, but there is no way he tops 275. The simple fact is, if you werent a moron, you would realize that Tiger isnt training for strength, or at least very little in the way of strength he is training for flexiblity, and stamina, if you have been "lifting for a long time" you would have realized this. Being aboue to bench 300 or more is probably a little counterproductive to golf.