View Poll Results: This is a good idea and I smoke weed
Agree 15 46.88%
Disagree 17 53.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2007, 04:40 AM

Default Re: KG traded to Celtics for Jefferson/othercrap

Colin,
[ QUOTE ]
Think this will have an impact on Kobe? Is he going to push to get out now?

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what i was wondering. Also, Danny Ainge of all GMs pulled this off, so I am going to guess Kobe is going berserk right now at home. Seriously, if Cs are willing to give up Al J, who's way ahead of Bynum at this moment and I highly doubt whether Bynum will get to his level in 2 or 3 more years, or EVER. I can totally imagine Kobe chilling in the crib and upon hearing the news and go "wow and our biggest offseason news is kicking out that sh1tty PG and signing a son of a coach?" [censored]. that's what I thought when i heard.

In regard to FA, I think Udoka would be a nice fit. He's probably the player that'll have the most potential to break out among the players. Knight is great too because last time I checked Rondo is starting and having Knight "help" (I don't know much about how Knight is so i wonder if he'll step up and be a mentor?).

Hm. Anyone brought up the idea to bench Allen to make the bench more deep? He'll still get 30~35 minutes a game. It sounds retarded at first but it's just an option. Also, is a coaching change imminent? I would love to see this team get coached by someone who has at least a .500 career record. Bring back JVG!

Last question: To all Celts fans. Is anything less than a championship a disappointment and failure of the hype? Not just this season but the duration of the trio's reign?
Old 08-01-2007, 04:49 AM

Why does everyone say Boston is a racist town?

I heard it maybe 5 times today on the radio.

Is there some sort of list of the top 10 racist towns in the nation or something?

If so, please direct me there.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:15 AM

Boston should sign Alexander Johnson he was waived by memphis, but I think he could be a good pick up for Boston.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Is there some sort of list of the top 10 racist towns in the nation or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea, but heard the same thing over here about Boston being that way. I heard it a couple times on the radio today, and thought the very same thing, where did this come from?
Old 08-01-2007, 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a lot probably stems from the dee brown incident over 10 years ago. he was pulled over and held at gunpoint as he was thought to be a robbery suspect in a very white area of suburban boston.

also back in the late 70's boston became infamous for the busing incidents in south boston.

bonds is also on record as saying boston is a racist town, which gets brought up a lot.

bill russel also didnt have a good time really while he was here. though that was ~50 years ago.

all in all, i can see why boston has that reputation, though i hope its not nearly as bad as perceived or used to be.

all the above noted can be googled for anyone interested.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an old perception that I believe for the most part no longer esists. some eamples of the past

1. When Jackie robinson got a try out in Fenway someone yelled "get the n off the field". Sox last team to integrate and yawkee generally recognized as racist.

2. Bill russell had his home broken into and the perpetrators took a dump on his bed.

3. Despite the Celts being the first team to have all black players and first black coach in sports the perception during the Bird era was that they prefered white superstars (Bird, McHele, ainge et al).

4. During court order forced busing there was raging racial tensions between blacks and whites.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone brought up the idea to bench Allen to make the bench more deep? He'll still get 30~35 minutes a game. It sounds retarded at first but it's just an option.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard a caller on WEEI suggest this yesterday. Max thought it was a good idea but big O thought not. It was mentioned that Allen's ego was too big to do it.

But the Celts have a long tradition of having the best 6th man coming off the bench. Havlicheck did it for years and McHale also did it for a spell. It's not really as important who starts the game as who finishes.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When Jackie robinson got a try out in Fenway someone yelled "get the n off the field".

[/ QUOTE ]

and a reporter who was there said the man who yelled it was Tom Yawkey
Old 08-01-2007, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is old.

Boston is now mostly college kids and young people, etc. and is definitely not racist...well any moreso than most places.

Unless you go to Southie. There are some racists there for sure.

Also, now despite having no money and no free time I will have to buy a next gen console and some basketball games.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is anything less than a championship a disappointment and failure of the hype? Not just this season but the duration of the trio's reign?

[/ QUOTE ]

just becoming relevant in Boston would be (is already) a huge accomplishment in this trade. the went from the clear #1 team in town during the 80's to a distant 3rd behind the Red Sox and Pats.

on the court, it would be disappointing if this trio doesn't take the team to the Finals. expecting them to win is a little much, when they are still clear dogs to a few teams from the West, and not even the clear #1 in the East.