Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Action for this hand?
Call with confidence 6 27.27%
Call, but its close 10 45.45%
Fold, but hate yourself for it 2 9.09%
Fold with confidence 4 18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 03:49 AM

Default Re: Mythra is a SCAMMER

i usually like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but there seems to be no possibility that Myrhta is innocent here.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:56 AM

Not that I really need to post this because most of it is pretty obvious. But astarck is a close friend and all the donuts in this story need to be made explicit.

Neither version of the story from Mythra's end makes much sense to me.

If Mythra's a scammer, he has to be a pretty bad one.
<ul type="square">[*]Gives out lots of personal information first.[*]Makes transfers for larger amounts with other 2+2ers beforehand.*[*]Made up a not well thought out story about why the money was sent to him.[/list](*) Only thing to be said here is that it's possible that he originally needed to transfer money a few weeks ago, but was done with all that by the time astarck came along, and saw an easy opportunity to make $2K based on his prior reputation.

If Mythra's not a scammer, then
<ul type="square">[*]Someone would have to know that Mythra was going to be gone that weekend. It's possible they got lucky, but they had to know enough other information about him to execute this scam that accounting for luck would be absurd.[*]Someone would have to know Mythra's login/passwords to at least 2-3 sites/services because they did not have physical access to his machine.[*]Someone would have to open his 2+2 account and read his PMs to have realized there was any scam to be had.[*]Someone would have to be an occasional/experienced poker player given the language he used in his chats and being sighted 4-tabling.[*]Someone would have to be familiar with Mythra's past 2+2 transactions and approximately how much he transfered over the course of that time.[*]Someone would have to have some concern or pretend to have some concern over Mythra's reputation. He appeared aggitated at being called a scammer and tried to come up with an excuse on why he received 2k from astarck.[*]Someone would also likely be a student based on the comment "Mythra: trying out limit thing, done studying and everything else".[*]Someone would have to use a very similar chat style to Mythra. Based on his Keyser and astarck conversations that were posted, these include:
1. Uses the phrase "jesus christ" when apparently frustrated.
2. Varying whether or not he capitalizes the word "I" within the same chat.
3. Usually not using apostrophes but still sometimes including them in rare instances within the same chat.
4. Consistently substituting "u" for "you".
5. Abbreviates 1,000 with a K and no dollar sign (e.g. "3k" and "10K").
6. There's some weaker similarities too where I think they may be too common to use for differentiation. Things like using all caps after appearing to be frustrated, consistently breaking up sentences at conjunctions like 'but', etc. More significantly with these is that they weren't different between the two chats. I wasn't able to identify any consistent differentiation, though this can be difficult without more chats to look at.[/list]
There is probably more but I got sick of typing.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:02 AM

Mythra: Bill
Mythra: my neteller is permanently closed
BillFristLOL: yes myt?
BillFristLOL: for doing transfers?
Mythra: yes
BillFristLOL: so why did you agree to a deal with astarck?
Mythra: what deal?
BillFristLOL: wait that doesnt matter
Mythra: we were doing site transfers

I think this sums it up..he obviously was stupid and accident admitted what they agreed to do-wasn't a bet or neteller transfer etc.

AS made his transfer..Mythra didn't.

It makes no sense that someone hacks Mythra's computer,2+2,FTP and pulls off this elaborate scam.

A no one has access to Mythra's computer and he's "gone" for the weekend.
B He's checked his computer for any viruses, spyware, etc
C Someone would somehow hijack his computer then go 4 table $1/$2 limit and actually talk with random people about the whole scamming when he could just turn off Chat.

p.s. Orange's entrance into the conversation was hilarious given it was kind of a casual discussion between Keyser and Mythra.

orangeman87 (Observer): i hope everyone $!@%ing hunts you down mythra you piece of &amp;$%$
QuantumBlink: who is orangeman?
BillFristLOL: an asian pimp
Old 02-12-2007, 04:42 AM

Good work PARCO P.I./ AKA maddog2030. It looks like the verdict is almost in on this one.

Old 02-12-2007, 05:53 AM

For every word you write without paying back you dig yourself deeper. Just shut up and pay back. If you have gambled away the money, contact OP and fax him a document where you sign that you owe him money and then pay back a bit later.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:34 AM

Can someone tell me what mythra's ftp screename is?

Tuco.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:07 AM

It's mythra
Old 02-12-2007, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not that I really need to post this because most of it is pretty obvious. But astarck is a close friend and all the donuts in this story need to be made explicit.

Neither version of the story from Mythra's end makes much sense to me.

If Mythra's a scammer, he has to be a pretty bad one.
<ul type="square">[*]Gives out lots of personal information first.[*]Makes transfers for larger amounts with other 2+2ers beforehand.*[*]Made up a not well thought out story about why the money was sent to him.[/list](*) Only thing to be said here is that it's possible that he originally needed to transfer money a few weeks ago, but was done with all that by the time astarck came along, and saw an easy opportunity to make $2K based on his prior reputation.

If Mythra's not a scammer, then
<ul type="square">[*]Someone would have to know that Mythra was going to be gone that weekend. It's possible they got lucky, but they had to know enough other information about him to execute this scam that accounting for luck would be absurd.[*]Someone would have to know Mythra's login/passwords to at least 2-3 sites/services because they did not have physical access to his machine.[*]Someone would have to open his 2+2 account and read his PMs to have realized there was any scam to be had.[*]Someone would have to be an occasional/experienced poker player given the language he used in his chats and being sighted 4-tabling.[*]Someone would have to be familiar with Mythra's past 2+2 transactions and approximately how much he transfered over the course of that time.[*]Someone would have to have some concern or pretend to have some concern over Mythra's reputation. He appeared aggitated at being called a scammer and tried to come up with an excuse on why he received 2k from astarck.[*]Someone would also likely be a student based on the comment "Mythra: trying out limit thing, done studying and everything else".[*]Someone would have to use a very similar chat style to Mythra. Based on his Keyser and astarck conversations that were posted, these include:
1. Uses the phrase "jesus christ" when apparently frustrated.
2. Varying whether or not he capitalizes the word "I" within the same chat.
3. Usually not using apostrophes but still sometimes including them in rare instances within the same chat.
4. Consistently substituting "u" for "you".
5. Abbreviates 1,000 with a K and no dollar sign (e.g. "3k" and "10K").
6. There's some weaker similarities too where I think they may be too common to use for differentiation. Things like using all caps after appearing to be frustrated, consistently breaking up sentences at conjunctions like 'but', etc. More significantly with these is that they weren't different between the two chats. I wasn't able to identify any consistent differentiation, though this can be difficult without more chats to look at.[/list]
There is probably more but I got sick of typing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 02-12-2007, 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mythra: Bill
Mythra: my neteller is permanently closed
BillFristLOL: yes myt?
BillFristLOL: for doing transfers?
Mythra: yes
BillFristLOL: so why did you agree to a deal with astarck?
Mythra: what deal?
BillFristLOL: wait that doesnt matter
Mythra: we were doing site transfers

I think this sums it up..he obviously was stupid and accident admitted what they agreed to do-wasn't a bet or neteller transfer etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

He had a different story twice, within a span of about 5-10 minutes on FullTilt. Wow.

(Nice catch, I missed that when reading the post earlier.)
Old 02-12-2007, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's normal privacy policy not to reveal readers' real names without their permission.

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect to Mike et al asstrack, PM me his name and address if he doesn't pay up. I'll post it for ya -- I hate this [censored] and somebody should pay for it.
Closed Thread