Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 12:33 AM

Default Re: *** JANUARY 2007 Low Content Thread ***

[ QUOTE ]
spots where you're either 60% or 40% to win-- there being something of a proverb around PLO that the key to winning higher stakes omaha is making sure you're the one with the 60%.

troll: a 60% edge is huge, and intentionally passing them up because there's some variance is just dumb. at a 2-4 game with 100bb stacks, getting it all in 60-40 has $80 EV, which is not something I'm personally willing to pass up on.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny

Ultimate Bet
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $2./$4.
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $18</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($42, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $42</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $168</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises all-in $371.2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $180</font>.
Uncalled bets: $23.2 returned to UTG+1.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Results:
Final pot: $399
<font color="#ffffff">UTG+1 shows A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font>

I guess I won't run from 62/38's. I'll leave those 60/40's to you suckers.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:36 AM

when i say 60/40 this is code-word for small 5-25% edges
Old 01-18-2007, 09:03 AM

60/40 ? That seems quite an edge to me. Interesting discussion, by the way.

PS :

I still cannot adjust to 6 max tables...

With 7 players or more, I am 30/13/4, and I win 20 BB/100.

With 6 players or less, I am 40/20/4, and I lose 2 BB/100.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:27 PM

My success at 6-max tables can be attributed almost as much to good, thin calls/bets as it can to stacking people.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh, two unrelated points:

1) does somebody have the link saved from when Silent A played around with the flopalyzer in a discussion of snapping off aces? I thought I had it saved but now I can't find it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you want a link to the flopalyzer or the thread?

Flopalyzer is easy : FLOPALYZER

They've changed it though. It now plots the cumulative proability distribution rather than the proability density function.

If you want the thread, I'll look for it and get back to you.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Do you want a link to the flopalyzer or the thread?

Flopalyzer is easy : FLOPALYZER

They've changed it though. It now plots the cumulative proability distribution rather than the proability density function.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not SilentA's thread but here is a poorly written article on the subject matter

There is also a discussion about the software how it works with a mention of the change incorporated. Also, there's a link there on how to get the raw numbers generated ( see this thread )

2+2 username: bachfan can be contacted via PM or on website. He's very open to suggestions on making the tool more userfriendly.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:44 PM

I think I had 2 threads on this but the only one I can ever find is this one (my first attempt):

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=5610925

It was a work in progress, so make sure you look at all my posts inthe thread to fully explain the method.

And troll, when I first saw that article the deja vu left me wondering a little. But I guess the methodology is basic enough that lots of people could come up with it on their own.

Oh and could you try that link again? The one you gave leads to a comment about how pokertools caclulates equities that is not quite ideal for these kinds of applications (although I really don;t think it makes a big difference since it should get evened out over several thousand hands). I'd love to know how to get the raw numbers.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:51 PM

search the magazine archives for posts by bachfan, in the thread about Troll's article it is mentioned how to get the raw numbers.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Board=PLOmaha&amp;Number=56 10925[/url]
And troll, when I first saw that article the deja vu left me wondering a little. But I guess the methodology is basic enough that lots of people could come up with it on their own.

Oh and could you try that link again? .... I'd love to know how to get the raw numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I obviously read your thread in April, but I honestly didn't recall it when I wrote the article. The person I plagarized was a friend who is an accomplished tournament player (doesn't read 2+2). More precisely the article stemmed from a disagreement on how that hand should have been played. I had the non-Aces hand and I pushed all in preflop. He argued that it was better to call and play the flop, and ended up being correct. (I did write it up and added the last graph, but he declined to have his name on it.)

This is the exact post that has the extra link to the raw numbers ( single post with links )

Basically when you are looking at the graph, eg.
http://www.propokertools.com/simulator/f...amp;h4=&amp;h5=

Add this to the URL: "&amp;mode=data"

So it is this:
http://www.propokertools.com/simulator/f...=&amp;mode=data

For the article, I printed out the old histogram and did it by hand. My friend estimated it in like 4 groups and we go almost exactly the same answer.
Now you can just cut and paste into excel.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:26 PM

My internet has been dead for the last 2 weeks, so I've been having to play live for that time. Possibly £100 ahead for my troubles, having been shafted for the rest, but yaknow, online poker loves me.

Poker Room skin
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $5/$5
10 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $198.60
UTG+1: $588.70
UTG+2: $97.50
MP1: $818.55
MP2: $579
MP3: $293.35
Hero: $954
Button: $445.30
SB: $584
BB: $512

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
5 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises to $20</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $90</font>, 2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($280, 3 players)
MP3 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $280</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 calls all-in $203.35</font>.
Uncalled bets: $76.65 returned to Hero.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($686.7, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $686.7)

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($686.7, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $686.7)

Results:
Final pot: $686.7
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows KD AS 7C 8S </font>
<font color="#ffffff">MP3 shows 8D 4H AD 5S </font>