Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 01:10 AM

Default Re: Question for GOBBOBOY

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gobbo rocks and anyone who thinks otherwise just doesn't know the guy. It does surprise me that Lederer doesn't see a little bit of himself in Gobbo. Both guys are very smart and have weight issues. It is hard to imagine Howard being less of a nerd than Gobbo is. While I can certainly understand not wanting Gobbo to be the face of your company (the guy isn't exactly photogenic) - I could also see Gobbo being an asset to a site. Isn't this the ultimate "revenge of the nerds" situation? Only instead of the nerd becoming the head of Microsoft, this particular nerd is on ESPN at the age of 20 taking on some of the best poker players in the world.

I don't know the best way to market poker. Highlighting guys like Jimmy might intimidate those new to the game. What chance does your average frat guy have against an obvious genius like Jimmy? OTOH, Jimmy seems to perpetuate the myth that playing lots of hands is a good thing. Novice players should really get a kick out of watching Jimmy's style of play. Then again, you have the eye candy factor. Chad Brown and Isabelle Mercier bring viewers because they are pretty. I think having a player like Jimmy in your cabal is a good thing - particularly for a site like FTP which has so many sponsored players - Jimmy would make a good demographic addition to that team.

Finally, from my limited interactions with Jimmy, I don't think he is either a freak or a "very weird dude." He's a cool young man with good insights into life and poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Enjoy your love affair now as he will be lucky to see his 25th b-day. He is an awkward shut in who has made 1 to many trips to the snack drawer and has about as much insight in poker as my shoe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its extremely obvious that you are jealous of Jimmy's poker results and have to attack his appearance to make yourself feel better.

The kid got 2nd place in a 10k buyin event at 19 years old. I bet thats better than you will ever do. I'm jealous of him to, doesn't mean I have to get my hate on.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gobbo rocks and anyone who thinks otherwise just doesn't know the guy. It does surprise me that Lederer doesn't see a little bit of himself in Gobbo. Both guys are very smart and have weight issues. It is hard to imagine Howard being less of a nerd than Gobbo is. While I can certainly understand not wanting Gobbo to be the face of your company (the guy isn't exactly photogenic) - I could also see Gobbo being an asset to a site. Isn't this the ultimate "revenge of the nerds" situation? Only instead of the nerd becoming the head of Microsoft, this particular nerd is on ESPN at the age of 20 taking on some of the best poker players in the world.

I don't know the best way to market poker. Highlighting guys like Jimmy might intimidate those new to the game. What chance does your average frat guy have against an obvious genius like Jimmy? OTOH, Jimmy seems to perpetuate the myth that playing lots of hands is a good thing. Novice players should really get a kick out of watching Jimmy's style of play. Then again, you have the eye candy factor. Chad Brown and Isabelle Mercier bring viewers because they are pretty. I think having a player like Jimmy in your cabal is a good thing - particularly for a site like FTP which has so many sponsored players - Jimmy would make a good demographic addition to that team.

Finally, from my limited interactions with Jimmy, I don't think he is either a freak or a "very weird dude." He's a cool young man with good insights into life and poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Enjoy your love affair now as he will be lucky to see his 25th b-day. He is an awkward shut in who has made 1 to many trips to the snack drawer and has about as much insight in poker as my shoe.

[/ QUOTE ]

salesbeast,
why all the hate.reading your posts i didnt expect this from you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not have to conform and like this slob do I??He is what politicians who are against online gaming want to see....fat obv lazy sit around and play cards @ 18 kids with nothing really going for them.....except for there online/live fame...please. He needs to have a mommy that says "No MORE CAKE" and "GET OUTSIDE AS EXERCISE DOES A BODY GOOD". The kid is 18 and he is discussed like a semi god around here by some...do you not think if he wasn't weird FTP may have an interest?? Wacokid is in...along with 10 other online pro's...but Gobbleboy isn't...hmmmmm.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Enjoy your love affair now as he will be lucky to see his 25th b-day

[/ QUOTE ]
Prop?

[ QUOTE ]
has about as much insight in poker as my shoe.

[/ QUOTE ]
+
[ QUOTE ]
my gawd I wouldn't sign him to a bathroom wall let alone a sponsor deal.

[/ QUOTE ]
=
Do you understand why people use metaphors/similes and what makes a them good?
Old 11-15-2007, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not have to conform and like this slob do I??He is what politicians who are against online gaming want to see....fat obv lazy sit around and play cards @ 18 kids with nothing really going for them

[/ QUOTE ]

Apart from his hundreds of thousands of dollars and his ability to write sentences without looking like a retard?
Old 11-15-2007, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

salesbeast,

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not have to conform and like this slob do I??He is what politicians who are against online gaming want to see....fat obv lazy sit around and play cards @ 18 kids with nothing really going for them.....except for there online/live fame...please. He needs to have a mommy that says "No MORE CAKE" and "GET OUTSIDE AS EXERCISE DOES A BODY GOOD". The kid is 18 and he is discussed like a semi god around here by some...do you not think if he wasn't weird FTP may have an interest?? Wacokid is in...along with 10 other online pro's...but Gobbleboy isn't...hmmmmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored], ur dumb. It's so aggravating.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

salesbeast,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored], ur dumb. It's so aggravating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. The stupidity shown by this person is just amazing. I hope it is only an internet persona as I can't imagine anyone being this dense in real life.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:26 AM

The poster(s) who are talking [censored] on Gobboboy w/o knowing him personally need to question their sanity.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:48 AM

Hes just unlucky cos he would be sponsored mainly for the usa market.
1: anyone under 21 and us resident prob wont get sponsored cos it looks bad in the media.
2: he prob was the victim of unfortunate interview editing
3: they prob want people who look good on tv.(shallow)
Old 11-15-2007, 05:03 PM

Aren't most of the people in USA fat nowdays? So there would be the market. I don't think his weight was Howard's concern.

Also, most poker players are freaks too. I say: book him up.