Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 03:26 AM

Default Re: AJo UTG

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I play the 100k on mansion quite a lot, and IMO very few of them are thinking players, and even fewer 2p2. if the relative stacks are ~5k i'd be open raisning stronger than 1k. probably 1.5k. if short stack is pushing his range will probably be quite wide and he's not in the best position to be doing that this hand, unless he has a monster. you can fold to a shove from another player and still remain CL.

Before it does become a crap shoot you want to be accumulating chips. AJ doesn't play too well multi way, so raising strong here i feel would be your best option. you have the HH?

also cant find a hand converter for Mansion...

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't played at Mansion much lately, but do people really fold that much more to a 3.5x raise than a 2.5x raise with 99+,AQ+? If people are tight, it's generally a good idea to raise less since you will have good FE anyway.

I'd personally be inclined to toss this PF, but I don't think raise/folding is necessarily too bad either. There's about a 4% chance that each player will pick up a hand that has you beat, so you're taking it down the requisite 2/3 of the time just about enough.

So I think raise = fold >>>>>> limp. I still think raising 2,5x is better, espec if raising 3,5x commits you to calling a push from more players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising x 3.5 and folding to a shove still keeps you CL at the table. With blinds about to go up i'd be more inclined to play this hand here, although this would not be a standard play. As i said earlier in this situation I'm either playing this hand strong or not at all...
Old 10-11-2007, 05:32 PM

i never fold pf with these table conditions.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i never fold pf with these table conditions.

[/ QUOTE ]

to a shove??? or open fold do you mean?
Old 10-12-2007, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raising x 3.5 and folding to a shove still keeps you CL at the table. With blinds about to go up i'd be more inclined to play this hand here, although this would not be a standard play. As i said earlier in this situation I'm either playing this hand strong or not at all...

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't understand what this has to do with raising 3.5x rather than 2.5x.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:39 AM

I think raise size is irrelevant in terms of whether I call a shove. I'm calling SS whether I raise 1k or 1.5k. I'm folding to every one else whether I raise 1k or 1.5k.

If I'm getting called, I'd rather the pot was ~3k than ~4k because against most at the table it gives me room to both c-bet/fold or CRAI ir check-fold cheaply.

Anyway, thanks for the replies all. I think this is pretty close. I'm inclined to think this is a fold but that's natural because SS shoved a better hand and it held [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] and I was in push/fold mode a few minutes later.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

only raising 2.5 feels weak in this situation, and because of this you dont want to give someone the implied odds to call. with the blinds about to go up players would feel less inclined to commit a lot of chips here when effectively it is around 1/5 of there stack.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

only raising 2.5 feels weak in this situation, and because of this you dont want to give someone the implied odds to call. with the blinds about to go up players would feel less inclined to commit a lot of chips here when effectively it is around 1/5 of there stack.

[/ QUOTE ]
They don't really have implied odds with stacks being this short. Also, oh hi there to raising 3.5x being riiiiight on the money for exactly the sort of hand people usually raise bigger than 3x with. Of course, this doesn't matter too much most of the time.

You're right that 2.5x is probably more likely to get called than 3.5x, but you risk more by going 3.5x, thereby making it ok to having to fold a higher percentage of the time. Personally, I very much doubt going to 3.5x is more profitable unless you have specific reads/there are a lot of loose players on the table.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:26 AM

[/ QUOTE ]
They don't really have implied odds with stacks being this short. Also, oh hi there to raising 3.5x being riiiiight on the money for exactly the sort of hand people usually raise bigger than 3x with. Of course, this doesn't matter too much most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd do this with a wider range than just AJ. if thats what you mean.. if not, wtf do you mean?
Old 10-12-2007, 06:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd do this with a wider range than just AJ. if thats what you mean.. if not, wtf do you mean?

[/ QUOTE ]
I mean that when someone raises bigger than 3x from EP, I usually put them on 88-QQ, AJ+, hands they don't really want to play due to being scared of postflop play/awkward stack/etc. Which is correct a surprising amount of the time.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:36 AM

[/ QUOTE ]
I mean that when someone raises bigger than 3x from EP, I usually put them on 88-QQ, AJ+, hands they don't really want to play due to being scared of postflop play/awkward stack/etc. Which is correct a surprising amount of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you would call with a worse hand for more chips in hope to outdraw?