Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: CBET and Blind Stealing

These two stats in conjunction can constitute a leak.
Cbet itself is typical, I think mine is higher. Steal blinds is pretty high, but the real problem is that you are trying to steal half the time, and then you are cbetting after the steal.

The thing to do IMO is steal less, but if you are stealing this much I think you have to cut down on your cbetting.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe its working for you. I just know if you are trying to steal ~1/2 the time and usually cbetting I am c/ring you all day. This can cause a big problem b/c you will have to fold the worse hand almost always and you will often fold the best hand too, b/c if you make something like top pair J with Q kicker, and you get c/r'ed or donked into hard on the turn you are going to have to lay it down, and decent opponents will take such lines very light b/c they give you no respect.
or just get really good at huge hero calls
Old 11-12-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was -7.08 BB/Hand. Then again filters and changed Folded Before Showdown to Won Without Showdown - results was: +4.08BB/Hand. And using this two numbers -
Succesful CBET: +4.08 BB/HAND
Failed CBET: -7.08 BB/HAND
-----------------------------
Results -3.00 BB/HAND

[/ QUOTE ]

We need to know the % for these guys, if 90% of the time you are successfull cbet then the ev is 3.67 - .71 = 2.962.

(It's actually more complicated because sometimes we win or lose on turn or river, but this is a start )

Can you find that info?
Old 11-12-2007, 11:32 PM

Well, I assume you're not just taking the top 46% of your hands and raising them, right? If your stealing range is based on the makeup of the blinds, then the exact numbers don't matter so much. If you're just blindly raising Q8o because it's folded to you on the button, then that's obviously bad.

Similarly, if you're c-betting random flops 70% of the time, that's bad. But you're not doing that, right? Presumably you're picking your spots based on your opponents, the texture of the board, and your actual cards. Then it's not about numbers. It's just about poker.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:42 AM

I just started playing fullring a lot after playing a lot of 6 max. I feel like you can get away with a lot more blind steal at full ring. I think it depends on the players. Against certian fullring nits ect you could probebly raise every time it is folded to you. Just be careful agaisnt aggressive players with PaHUD as they will start to 3 bet you light alot. But yeah I think it is possibel to make it work with this number. Mine is like 38 fwiw while it is ony 31 in 6 max. c-bet amount looks about right. Bet sure to put up the folds to c bet stat in PaHuD. Don't c bet multiway on wet boards ect.