Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Re: QQ - what to do with this flop and this raise?

[ QUOTE ]
u cant check evaluate on this flop because u check he bets what info do u gain?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you bet and he calls, what info do you gain? He could have flush or straight draws, mid pockets, sometimes 10's... I like checking myself if his tendency is to check behind if he doesn't have a made hand.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:47 PM

I would bet 1600 and fold to a raise on this flop.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:56 PM

I bet half the pot on flop and fold to his minraise...may seem weak but I think this is the optimal play..by checking the flop you're basically giving up on the hand because it will be extremely tough to play from oop..
Old 11-15-2007, 11:24 AM

I think your bet is fine... you could get away with betting just two-thirds of the pot but that's just nit-picking.

The beauty of betting two-thirds or more (more aggressive than the standard c-bet), which is what you did, is that you can give the player credit for a hand if he calls or raises. As he raised, you can let the hand go comfortably.
Also, this is the sort of bet you'd make if you had a king, weary of the flush draw and any ace arriving on the turn/river.

I agree with gobucks that if you check, you're giving up on the hand and, right now, you've no reason to do that.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably check the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. First of all, on a Kd 9s 7s board, you're not really worried about giving a free card so much. You are raising UTG, so if you bet, you fold out all worse hands and KQ/KA doesn't go anywhere. Also, set of 99s and 77s is always posible.

A lot of players advice that it's always appropriate to cont. bet here because you are OOP, need to see "where you are," you want to take the pot down, blah blah. I'd be by far more inclined to do this if I was raising from MP2 and the button called than after PFR from UTG.

If villain bets, I probably smooth call for one street. I check/fold turn. Villain may try to represent a K with his stack, but if he shoots it all on the turn, he either has sufficient moxy or the goods.

Barry
Old 11-15-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably check the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. First of all, on a Kd 9s 7s board, you're not really worried about giving a free card so much. You are raising UTG, so if you bet, you fold out all worse hands and KQ/KA doesn't go anywhere. Also, set of 99s and 77s is always posible.

A lot of players advice that it's always appropriate to cont. bet here because you are OOP, need to see "where you are," you want to take the pot down, blah blah. I'd be by far more inclined to do this if I was raising from MP2 and the button called than after PFR from UTG.

If villain bets, I probably smooth call for one street. I check/fold turn. Villain may try to represent a K with his stack, but if he shoots it all on the turn, he either has sufficient moxy or the goods.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]