Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: PGA Championship Thread

[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: this Cabrera thing is surreal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cliff's notes please? For those of us watching on the internets with no sound.

Thanks
Old 08-09-2007, 03:59 PM

He took a ten on a par three. OB long, OB long again, in the water on the next shot, then chipped his 7th shot well past the hole but I thought it held the green. Apparently three putted from there.

But in the middle of all this he was wigging out about one of his OB shots not actually being OB or something. And then afterwards he was consulting with a rules official. Like dude, you holed the ball already I think it's too late to do anything now.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Not a snowball's chance in hell Daly is in this thing Sunday. I'd take even money he misses the cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take $20 of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got it.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:02 PM

Cabrera hits his first shot over a par 3, lands OB. He heads back to the tee, hits his next shot the same frigging way, OB. Hits from the tee again, into the water. Drops, chips wayyyy past the hole. Putts back past the hole. Putts down past the hole again. Putts it in for a 10.

After he hit into the water and chipped onto the green, he then appears to try to convince those in power that his second tee shot was actually playable, as it wasn't past the fence (but was past the out of bounds post).
Old 08-09-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

After he hit into the water and chipped onto the green, he then appears to try to convince those in power that his second tee shot was actually playable

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow weaksauce on his part doesn't matter if his second tee shot was in the hole after he hit the chip its a done deal and any golfer knows that.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:45 PM

I believe the rule says you can play your provisional until you are to the area you believe your original ball was. Most players seem to think as soon as you hit another shot with the provisional you must play it which I do not believe is correct.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:24 PM

Wow, double digits on a par 3, nice Cabrera. That drive on 18 by Daly was sick. Hopefully it will be Daly and Tiger in the final group Sunday.

Perry Maxwell is without a doubt the best course designer ever. I've played Prairie Dunes in Hutchinson, KS a few times and it is awesome. This course is [censored] sweet! Five par 4s under 400, the shaping of the holes, and the mowing of the fairways is top-notch.

Diet Coke and Marlboros to beat the heat, not water, LDO!!!
Old 08-09-2007, 05:29 PM

When they use the ground cameras (on the webcast) it's amazing how much elevation change there is on this course. From the blimp or tower cams it comes off as much flatter than it must be. Which is good, since most boring-ass courses like Firestone tend to have about six inches of elevation change from the course's high point to its low point.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:41 PM

I hope John Daily can hold on to his lead he is so cool
Old 08-09-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When they use the ground cameras (on the webcast) it's amazing how much elevation change there is on this course. From the blimp or tower cams it comes off as much flatter than it must be. Which is good, since most boring-ass courses like Firestone tend to have about six inches of elevation change from the course's high point to its low point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that first hole looks sweet! I also love how they mow the fairways with the fast-lane and slow-lane.