Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2006, 11:28 PM

Default Re: How do I lose weight when Im an alcoholic?

YOU'RE GONNA DIE.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the entirety of the internet, there is an astonishing amount of foolishness and just plain stupidity. I must say, however, that I have never read or heard ANYTHING on this internet that is dumber than Keystone's original post.

Given the depth and breadth of the stupidity on the internet, that is quite an impressive feat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im honored
Old 05-26-2006, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In the entirety of the internet, there is an astonishing amount of foolishness and just plain stupidity. I must say, however, that I have never read or heard ANYTHING on this internet that is dumber than Keystone's original post.

Given the depth and breadth of the stupidity on the internet, that is quite an impressive feat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im honored

[/ QUOTE ]

You should include this in your will as what you would like to have engraved on your tombstone, because YOU'RE GONNA DIE.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty experienced with drinking beer and losing weight.

The trick is to stay active while reducing the number of meals per day (or total calories from meals).

If you eat a good-sized/healthy brunch and limit yourself to a snack in the evening you can drink a lot of beer at night.

You still need to workout regularly to keep up your muscle mass/metabolisim. If anything, this will slow your gut-enhancement.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like pretty good advice, but I heard you should eat lots of small meals instead of a few big ones. Also, I dont want to become some douche that is asking everyone how many calories are in my meals. I dont have to be that guy do I.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, small meals are better but I eat out a lot (big servings at restaurants) and have an all-or-nothing mentality so small snacks won't work for me.

A good side effect of working out is that it gives you a feeling of euphoria. So, the more you work out the less you want to drink to get the 'drunk' euphoria'.

And, you'll soon find that working with a hangover is really bad. Hopefully, you'll like the work-out high better than the drunk high. This can help control your drinking.

It's a plus if your health club has a steamroom/sauna so you can sweat the alcohol off on days when you 'fall off the wagon'. If not, you can still go to the gym but and stretch and 'dog-it' on a life-cycle instead of sitting at home doing nothing.

Starting out is really tough so stay focused and don't get discouraged. Stick with it and you'll do well.

Good luck!