Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 10:19 PM

Default 97s i have nothing

same villan as before in that KQ hand (which he won). game is still aggro. no real showdowns have happened since that hand. still some smallish pots where someone will raise pf, other guy will c/r/3-bet/etc. so still a very aggro game. hero is still loose and aggro.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.75/$1.50 Blinds - 3 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $611.90
BB: $218.85
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $299.25</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $5.25</font>, SB calls $4.50, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($12) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $10.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $24.00</font>, Hero calls $14.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($60) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $40.00</font>, SB calls $40.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($140) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $88.00</font>,
Old 06-04-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: 97s i have nothing

really ? ... really ? I mean, your putting him on ... diamonds that played retarded when he obviously played his AA or A2 or whatever fairly well in the other hand?

Dazed and Confused from atlanta
Old 06-04-2007, 10:23 PM

he folds a bluff, a FD, and a str8 draw

not sure if he folds J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] x[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], which may make this hand not profitable
Old 06-04-2007, 10:24 PM

this is good but would he expect u to 3bet the flop with any monster that ud 3barrel since you're so deep and the flops so drawy?
Old 06-04-2007, 10:27 PM

why cant i have an overpair here?
Old 06-04-2007, 10:34 PM

say i have AA.

pf std

flop- i dont like 3-betting. he calls with very little that i beat. i think calling w. position and stacks is best. given the size of his c/r (which i think is BS), i would put him on diamonds, sometimes a SD, sometimes a Q or marginal pair like J.

turn- he checks. noone usually double c/r-es (at least i havent seen this move to be very frequent at 200nl). i bet my AA for value and protection.

river- a great card for AA. i beat all 2 pairs, no draws hit. i dont know if he's tricky enough to double check /raise on the river. i go for some value
Old 06-04-2007, 10:34 PM

At this point the best you're trying to rep set turned FH or A5.

How do you play those given this board? Answer: the first two betting rounds are good but what about the last two?

The turn is allright 2/3 is a decent value bet. The river? He's shown he is willing to call, and with a strong holding I'm putting him in for more. You are repping a draw that didn't make it and is making a small bet to try and drag down the pot. It doesn't work when you DO have a draw why will it work now?

I don't think you're betting aggressively enough. If he's going to fold it'll probably take more than a half pot to get him there. I'd think you need at least 100 to get him out.

If he's also on nothing/some weak holding the smaller bets are A: callable, B: not intimidating.

yes they look more like sucker's bets but there are a lot of opponents not thinking on that level. He hasn't ONCE taken the lead in this hand which means your table image is either reallllly aggro or he's a big fish.

Since he's not folding and he's not raising hes got a medium hand or a draw. However, given your bets I'd put you on a busted draw and shove you off that hand almost regardless of my holding.

Your bets aren't saying value they're saying "stop bet" and odds aren't good he's folding much other than a busted diamond draw. I think he shows down a J, TPWK, or a PP smaller than a J a lot.

If you're going to throw him off that marginal hand you need to make it look like you wanna stack here and now.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:39 PM

my original reaction is "hell no."

but now I kinda see your point. best he can really have here is QJ, and that just got counterfeited to your "overpair". question is do you really think he will lay it down?
Old 06-04-2007, 10:39 PM

LOL, expecting people to put you on overpairs is not a good way to play poker, please don't try to do it. What you should be doing is thinking of hands he plays like this that you can fold out.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:40 PM

unless you know he can make laydown's i dont like it. people would much rather make crying calls than laydowns here.