Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 07:07 PM

Default 200NL, aces feeling sick

I've been getting played back at on this table a lot, one guy (BTN) isn't folding to *any* flop bets ever, but he's not currently in the hand. He's minraised my flop bets once or twice. My weak flop bet was designed to induce a raise from one of these players. In my experience they love playing back on these flops.

CO is running 29/16/1.88, but only over a couple of hands. Seems like a bit of a TAGfish.

BB is really weird. He's playing 44/26/1.93, but I haven't seen him get out of line postflop at all. He did slowplay KK preflop, and then checked flop and turn OOP on a Q999 board, bet river smallishly. I haven't see him run any big bluffs, but he may be overvaluing his hand here.

I really hate this spot with the player behind me. Maybe I could call and then fold to a shove from CO, maybe I should just fold?

Should I just be going broke?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $198.00
<font color="black">BB: $209.35</font>
UTG: $262.90
<font color="black">Hero (MP): $274.20</font>
<font color="black">CO: $274.65</font>
BTN: $80.10

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, CO calls $8.00, 2 folds, BB calls $6.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $15.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $30.00</font>, BB calls $30.00, Hero calls $15.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($115) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $74.00</font>

Pot Size: $189.00 ($3 Rake)
Old 06-04-2007, 07:53 PM

Default Re: 200NL, aces feeling sick

So you're entering this hand with some past frustration (understandable).

I would put in a big RR on the flop. Probably to about $100. (it seems like an AI would allow them to play perfectly vs. you).

As played, I think I would fold the turn. You're either going AI or folding IMO because of the guy behind you.
It really does feel like button is betting out with a 4, although this whole hand feels strange.

I would RR on the flop to try and get a better feel for where you stand.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:00 PM

I'm much more worried about CO than BB. I don't think I'd ever fold here though, and I think a shove is best.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:04 PM

Tough spot.

I really don't know.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:05 PM

I'm not sure with 3 people in, I would bet small hoping to get raised, as I play much more straightforward when it's not HU. But it's not a bad plan given your description of the table, IMO. I can't see ever folding here again given the context, so I would plan to reraise big on the flop or push over the top of his turn bet.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:26 PM

I'm not really sure why you didn't want to RR on the flop: you said you bet small to induce it...

...and you got exactly what you wanted. Since you induced some goofy action (weak looking small bet, weak raise), BB very well could be overvaluing A9/TT here (or think he's representing a 4). In normal cases, I'd fold in this spot (though I'd have RR the flop), but I think you have to be consistent in this situation and just shove. One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet: I don't think anyone really puts you on AA here.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:06 AM

BB may have called with 45s. He sounds loose cannon.

On this flop I'd make a massive raise. You Likely have the best hand (there are sets to worry about but not much else)
You want to narrow the field and get rid of anyone who isn't holding something. You also would like to know where you stand.

this turn? There's too many people in. BB may have that four but with a few more to act and nobody folding that flop I'd bolt.

I don't mind felting it either tho. If you're not getting any respect it may be time to show that your bets DO occasionally mean something. If I was going to felt it I'd probably be doing it on the flop.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:20 AM

as played, I think you have to fold.

as many have stated, I think raising the flop makes the a lot easier.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:23 AM

Jigsaws,

I, like most of the other posters, think a flop raise is a given. Any reason why you didn't think a flop re-raise was in order?
Old 06-05-2007, 12:27 AM

do any of you have any particular reason for wanting to raise the flop besides the turn card and villain's turn action?