Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 04:23 AM

Default 100NL - my set line sux give me a better one

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $111.00</font>
BB: $122.35
UTG: $100.00
MP: $89.90
CO: $48.00
BTN: $103.50

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $4.00</font>, Hero calls $3.50, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($9) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $6.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $33.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $107.00</font>, BTN folds

Pot Size: $149.00 ($3 Rake)

I'm a fr nit and i suck, help.

edit: converter messup
Old 05-29-2007, 04:37 AM

Default Re: 100NL - my set line sux give me a better one

since you really want to stack off on the flop he's going to be thinking "what could he have to keep raising me?" The answer of course is a jack with a strong kicker, or a full house.

At some point you need to call, instead of continuously riasing unless he's the type to stack off light. Call his reraise to 33. Bet the Turn, and THEN jam the river.

edit: what is hero's stack size? The 113 is a bigger bet than his stack.

Also I usually raise this PF, since its folded to you and you've a small pair. Considering t his'll be heads up between the blinds I'd rather take it down now than be curious as to whether my pair was any good throught the next 3 streets.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:42 AM

I'd raise preflop and lead flop, otherwise ok - if villain has a J with a sane kicker, he will have trouble laying it down in a bvb situation. But i really don't like the min-c/r.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:46 AM

oh wow converter messed up hand bad, it was raised preflop, will repost.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:23 AM

cr more
Old 05-29-2007, 06:31 AM

I really dont like the check/gayraise on the flop. If you want to c/r, make it $25 or so. I probably also just push to his flop-re-raise.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:25 AM

i think if you are going to c/r here, make it bigger. sometimes i like to take different lines like c/c 1/2 pot turn or whatnot.

here, it looks like you induced a 3b bluff, so he wasn't putting any more in anways.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:36 AM

I like to take them off a piece at a time when they show strength like this, they'll dig their own hole here if you let them. Normally a tourney player so take it for what it's worth.

call the $33

on the turn bet $35ish, half the pot. He'll probably put you all-in here, the call depends on whether the board just paired.

If he flat calls, you have $140 in the pot so the river leading all-in looks justified and he'll pay off. Even if he folds the river, you added the turn to your profit.

If the board pairs again, I'd check it down and get out if he bets. Nothing worse than calling down with a counterfeited full house. Oh, and you just go ahead and pay it if he had pocket jacks and hit quads.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:47 AM

This is fine actually. He probably had nothing and wouldnt have put any more in anyway.

Your flop minraise is fine if you mix it up with bluffs. He think you are bluffing so he reraises you. I doubt he is folding a jack.

Calling his reraise might be better though and then lead weak on the turn as the other guy said.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:49 AM

If you want to c/r, make it somewhere in the range of $20-$24. Call his 3bet, and get it in on the turn.