View Poll Results: QB
Brees @PIT 3 50.00%
Brady vs. NYJ 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Colts Pumping Artificial Noise into The Dome

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, NT!'s takes on NFL officiating and game fixing are hilarious - lol what a blithering idiot that thinks he somehow sees the real truth while other people just don't have the depth of insight that he possesses.

[/ QUOTE ]

all i've really said is that the preconditions exist for it, the motive is there, and there is lots of lousy, highly questionable officiating. not just in games involving the pats. i haven't seen anybody refute any one of those points. so if i'm a 'blithering idiot' for stating three facts that nobody has bothered to contest, then so be it.

lucky for you guys you are boston haters so you won't get banned for trolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

This board would be much better if we banned all the Boston hater trolls and all the Boston fan trolls (I obv am not referring to you).
Old 11-06-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the solution is to stop giving people the spot of the foul for PI. if it's over 20 yards, give 'em 15 and automatic 1st. otherwise, spot of the foul / auto 1st.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, this isn't a solution at all. it just means on every deep ball, a team will commit pass interference if it looks like a completion.

the solution is having varying degrees of PI like there is for a face mask. the flagrant variety is spot of the foul, the incidental/what have you variety is 10 yards + first down. both the PI calls on the patriots would've been of the incidental variety.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:13 PM

NT! Just out of curiosity, how much did you lose on the Patriots this week? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2007, 03:21 PM

refs are human...they will make mistakes...and i mean come on, take teh one pass interference call against hobbs, didnt you think it was pass interference before you saw the slow motion replay?
Old 11-06-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

the solution is having varying degrees of PI like there is for a face mask. the flagrant variety is spot of the foul, the incidental/what have you variety is 10 yards + first down. both the PI calls on the patriots would've been of the incidental variety.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like it.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the solution is to stop giving people the spot of the foul for PI. if it's over 20 yards, give 'em 15 and automatic 1st. otherwise, spot of the foul / auto 1st.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you don't watch much College football, otherwise you'd know just how much this sucks.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
refs are human...they will make mistakes...and i mean come on, take teh one pass interference call against hobbs, didnt you think it was pass interference before you saw the slow motion replay?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I turned to my Son-in-law and said, I can't wait to see the replay on this one because I don't think that was interference.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:08 PM

Pats fans complaining about officiating need to relax. There could have been PI called on the long ball that Wayne dropped, Hobbs definitely had his left hand on Wayne's shoulder before the ball was there. It goes both ways.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like a very good solution. Anyone spot any holes in this one?
Old 11-06-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pats fans complaining about officiating need to relax. There could have been PI called on the long ball that Wayne dropped, Hobbs definitely had his left hand on Wayne's shoulder before the ball was there. It goes both ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm relaxed. The guy made a comment asking me if I thought it was PI in real time and I answered him honestly.

But I'm glad you brought up that play. I think strategically, that play, going long to Wayne on third and short was the blunder of the game by the Colts coaching staff.

They should have gone to a safe play, picked up the first down and kept possesion of the ball.