Brees @PIT 3 50.00%
Brady vs. NYJ 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2007, 12:18 AM

Default Re: Colts Pumping Artificial Noise into The Dome

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and anyway, the point of my post was that, even if it's relatively unlikely that the game is fixed, given the circumstances and the history of sports betting in this country, it's far from retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I didn't even see the game, but I agree its possible. Super Bowl XL...<cough> <cough>

I'm still pissed nothing more was made out of that game. I remember ESPN.com did a pole on whether or not you thought the officiating was biased towards Pittsburgh. They then mapped the results based on location. The only area where the "No"s won out was Pennsylvania and West Virginia.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any Raiders fans want to jump in and bitch about the immaculate reception?

[/ QUOTE ]

The NFL came out and defended their refs and said the calls were fine. This was after Hasselback was flagged for an illegal block for tackling the guy who picked him off and was running with the ball. When you can explain that call to me, I'll drop it.

EDIT: Oh and "I won't say whether or not the ball hit the ground, but I know whether or not it did, but i'll never say." - That quote sound familiar??
Old 11-06-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It wouldn't come from anyone other than a Pats fan, NT!, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

you guys can believe me or not, i have thought the NFL was rigged for years now. SEA / PIT being a great example.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it Pats fans always bitch about the officials yet they never seem to bring up the "tuck rule." Im a Steeler fan living in NE and its sickening listening to the fans bitching about everything but not bringing this up!
Old 11-06-2007, 12:37 AM

Not sure if has been posted yet, but the investigation is over and Indy was cleared.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/ny-sppats1106,0,7199775.story?coll=ny_news_local_newsletter_sub ject

"Newsday has learned that the NFL's investigation into complaints from the Patriots that the Colts had illegally piped in crowd noise is over. It didn't take the league long to find out that the Colts were not at fault for a crowd noise issue.

"CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts game was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast," NFL vice president Greg Aiello tells us. "It was in no way related to any sound within the stadium and could not be heard in the stadium.""
Old 11-06-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you guys can believe me or not, i have thought the NFL was rigged for years now. SEA / PIT being a great example.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it Pats fans always bitch about the officials yet they never seem to bring up the "tuck rule." Im a Steeler fan living in NE and its sickening listening to the fans bitching about everything but not bringing this up!

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, you mean that time that the refs correctly applied an obscure but existing rule to a game situation? you're right, that was totally unfair.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the tuck rule was called correctly (much to my supprise at the time). I have seen that situation a few times since, and every time, it has been called an incomplete pass. From what I can tell, the way that play was called was consistant with the way that is always called (unlike some of the calls yesterday).
Old 11-06-2007, 01:46 AM

also lol at everyone who responds to every post by a pats fan with 'boy, i'm sick of listening to pats fans blah blah blah...' instead of responding to the content of my posts. i don't see anyone arguing that the game wasn't horrendously officiated, and i really haven't heard a rational argument to the effect of "fixing NFL games doesn't make sense."

of course if i am saying this it could easily imply that previous pats wins were fixed as well, but everyone just assumes that since i am saying there could have been a fix in on this game against the pats that it's a giant conspiracy that always goes against them. i think it's about money, like most things in this world, and quite frankly the rest of you are [censored] stupid if the best response you can come up with is 'lol pats fans.'
Old 11-06-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also lol at everyone who responds to every post by a pats fan with 'boy, i'm sick of listening to pats fans blah blah blah...' instead of responding to the content of my posts. i don't see anyone arguing that the game wasn't horrendously officiated, and i really haven't heard a rational argument to the effect of "fixing NFL games doesn't make sense."

of course if i am saying this it could easily imply that previous pats wins were fixed as well, but everyone just assumes that since i am saying there could have been a fix in on this game against the pats that it's a giant conspiracy that always goes against them. i think it's about money, like most things in this world, and quite frankly the rest of you are [censored] stupid if the best response you can come up with is 'lol pats fans.'

[/ QUOTE ]

lol pats fans

like with most fixes, i disbelieve it because the fixers are simply too incompetent. the game was not well-officiated.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:53 AM

if they officiated it well it would stick out and look suspicious against all the other NFL games [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2007, 03:10 AM

LOL at Pats fans trying to find an excuse as to why this game was so close. You guys must be awful worried that you barely squeaked out a game in which the Colts best receiver, best linebacker, and starting left tackle were sitting out. Not to mention Gonzo sat out the 2nd half. Can't wait for the AFC title game, assuming the Pats make it there.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:50 AM

Maybe cuz im surrounded by NE fans up here (who by the way did not exist before 96 cuz they were all Packer, Cowboy, and Niner fans then) but Its hard to argue with fans of teams who the calls were against. I watched the game and didnt see any real horrendous calls but a few that could have gone either way except the one early when the Colts receiver was clearly out of bounds and the Pats challenged and was reversed . I also think that if Harrison were 100% healthy and played, the game would have been a different outcome and Manning would have had a little more confidence in the passing game and not played so conservative.

Bottom line is there are bad officials in all sports. I am a Sox fan and still go back to the phantom tag on Jose Offerman in the Sox/Yanks a while back. That really pissed me off but it all evens out as all teams get calls. Do i think that games are fixed? (NBA - maybe) but everything else No. Just refs that are human and make mistakes.

Youre team won so move on and worry about the rest of the year.