Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 06:30 AM

Default UB - My Ultimate Bet Horror Story

UB has frozen my account and it looks like they are planning on keeping my $.

Here is the most detailed information they have given me:
[ QUOTE ]
Mr. *********,

You are receiving that error message because your account was disabled since you were found using a "bot-program" to play poker sessions in order to accumulate thousands of UltimatePoints and exchange them for real money (UB Points into Cash promo).

According to our ultimatebet.com terms of service and license agreement:
UltimateBet(tm) has the right to hold any and all of a player's funds indefinitely if it is found determined at the sole discretion of UltimateBet(tm) that the player has been involved in fraudulent activity on UltimateBet(tm). Fraudulent activity may include, but is not limited to, stolen credit cards, transfer of funds to other player accounts (chip dumping), forgery, collusion, false representation of age, closure of an account by another online gaming site, adverse information from a reporting service regarding Player, at the request of an UB affiliate or partner, and at the request of a governmental agency.

You may only use the Software in accordance with the rules posted on the UltimateBet(tm) site, as may be modified from time to time. In cases where disputes arise between players, you agree that judgments of UltimateBet(tm) are final, binding and conclusive in all matters. All taxes, duties and fees applicable in connection with any money or prizes awarded to a Player are the Player's sole responsibility. Violation of any UltimateBet(tm) policy or rule or KGC Regulation may result in suspension or termination of the player's UltimateBet(tm) account.

Ricky
Security Department.

[/ QUOTE ]

The funny thing is I don't know much about bot programs, but I have never played a hand of anything other than No-Limit Hold'Em & Pot-Limit Omaha.

Another funny thing is I've averaged about 10-20 hours of play on 3-5 tables of 50NL at a time over the past few months. I'm pretty sure if I had a bot I'd be 8-tabling 40 hours a week.

From what little I have read, bots are only a problem in Limit Hold'Em pretty much?

And, Oh Yeah! They never bring anything up until I try to cash out some money.

It took them about 10 days to come up with this story after I requested my cashout.

I have no idea what's going on at UB but I can't help but wondering if they plan on leaving the U.S. and are keeping as much players' money as possible on their way out. I'm not saying that's what's going on but it is strange how many people have been having a hell of a time getting money out of UB lately.

What I do know is I wasn't using a bot and I don't believe they think I was using a bot either.
I think they are lying to me for some reason and I think they want to keep my money.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:50 AM

Default Re: UB - My Ultimate Bet Horror Story

I am in the same boat as you, infotainment. This occurred to be about 2 weeks ago and I made a similar post as you. I too, got my money confiscated once I intiated a cashout. (not entire roll)

I've been fighting this for the past week playing email tag. It is such an inconvenience (and to their convenience) not having a customer support phone number. I too don't know where to go from here...I was thinking of maybe video taping myself playing for a week and showing them my multi-monitor setup, but that seems alittle ridiculous.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:01 AM

it's tough to rack up "thousands" of points playing 50NL 20 hours a week. 100 hands per hour. 4 tables. 20 hours. .15 points per hand 100*4*20*.15=1200. sorry, but 2000 points is really tough at micros. seems like all these "ub stole my $" posts are from losing players who are only making money off bonus/points for cash. i 6-7 table ub and have not been accused of botting and i cash out regularly.

that said, clearly ub is evil and all 2p2ers should leave immediately
Old 04-04-2007, 07:34 AM

Its great that you haven't had any problems YET Marvin,
I opened my first UB account long before I registered @ twoplustwo. I started my 2nd account to get rakeback as UB allows 3 accounts per household I was advised this was ok and I have never had any problems in this regard.

The thing is I went about 3 years at UB over 2 accounts and this is the first time I've had any trouble like this. Point is, Marvin, you could easily have trouble in the future and if you do I hope its for 100s of dollars instead of 1000s. I would advise you to leave no more $ in UB than you need to play your regular # of tables.

I've only racked up > 2000 points 2 or 3 times in the history of my account.

Those weeks took ~32 hours of play @ 4, sometimes 5 tables of 50NL. I'm more often in the 1000ish point area.

The point of this thread is Ultimate bet is lying, accusing me of cheating and stealing my money.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:06 AM

Uhg, this is the last straw for me. I'm going to GTFO with my money if I can. Funny how if you don't play enough they say it looks fraudulent and won't let you cash out til you play more hands. But don't play too many tables at once or your a bot! UB's reputation is sinking deeper by the day.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:15 AM

Link

Edit: nother one
Old 04-04-2007, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Link

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you sidetracking my thread with a list of people that UB hasn't screwed? We all realize there are people that UB hasn't screwed with. I could have easily posted in such a thread 10 days ago.

Now I am in the list of people that UB has screwed instead.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Link

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you sidetracking my thread with a list of people that UB hasn't screwed...yet? We all realize there are people that UB hasn't screwed with...yet. I could have easily posted in such a thread 10 days ago.

Now I am in the list of people that UB has screwed instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly don't know what Marvin is trying to prove. Obviously, something fishy is going on with UB. I have never seen so many people having cashout problems with one site in such a short timeframe. The fact that a few people haven't had problems (yet), is almost completely irrelevant.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:36 PM

UPDATE:

UB unfroze account and admitted that I am probably not using a "bot-program."

However I am back to square 1 on my original withdrawal request (now about 9 days old) and all my money is back in my balance.

Time to try to withdraw again...
I'm gonna go ahead and leave enough in there to play with and hope this was a one-time thing.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:52 PM

Glad to hear that! Hope you're able to get your money out. Your case is the solitary one that actually had me a bit concerned about UB.