Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Ask me about Starbucks

1. I like a lot of milk in the coffee so I order a grande in a venti cup - otherwise I have to pour out a ton of coffee into the garbage every time I put milk in. Acceptable practice?
2. Does the brewing of a new "featured coffee" almost every day actually drive sales of whole bean bags of that coffee? Maybe it's because I am usually only in a Starbucks during the AM rush, but I never see people buy bags of coffee.
3. I order a grande iced unsweetened coffee. The cashier calls out "iced grande unsweetened iced coffee" every time. Why repeat the word iced?
Old 07-31-2007, 09:21 PM

Default Re: Ask me about Starbucks

[ QUOTE ]
1. I like a lot of milk in the coffee so I order a grande in a venti cup - otherwise I have to pour out a ton of coffee into the garbage every time I put milk in. Acceptable practice?
2. Does the brewing of a new "featured coffee" almost every day actually drive sales of whole bean bags of that coffee? Maybe it's because I am usually only in a Starbucks during the AM rush, but I never see people buy bags of coffee.
3. I order a grande iced unsweetened coffee. The cashier calls out "iced grande unsweetened iced coffee" every time. Why repeat the word iced?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Perfectly acceptable, if I'm on a roadtrip and stop at a Starbucks to order something, I'll do this. Drive-Thru stores even have modifier buttons on their registers in order to ring this properly.
2. The same coffees are typically brewed for a week, they don't switch over daily. It doesn't typically drive sales that you can easily see in day to day operations, but it does allow customers to try different blends, which is kinda cool. And yes, people do buy beans, even in the morning rush.

3. That's just the way we are supposed to call drinks. First you indicate whether the drink is iced or not. Then you would say the size, then you would say whether or not it is sweetened (in your case), then you would state the name of the drink. In your case, the name of the drink is "Iced Coffee", not "Coffee". Thus, "Iced Grande Iced Coffee."