Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 09:32 AM

Default want to lose 15 pounds in 2 weeks

me: 5'10, probably 225. that's not as super fat as it might sound, I was a sprinter in high school weighing around 190. I'm generally kind of big all over, but right now I'm clearly 25 pounds overweight or so.

I have a friends wedding coming up and want to lose at least 15 pounds by then. how hard will this be?

current eating habits: I eat whatever/whenever, sometimes a salad with lunch. I generally have an alchoholic drink or 2 at night.

I don't work out at all, though I have access to a gym with plenty of cardio machines and time to workout every day.

can anyone recommend a good 2 week plan for me wrt to diet/working out? it's not a big deal if I don't lose 15, but from what (little) I understand, I think I can do this.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:03 AM

Default Re: want to lose 15 pounds in 2 weeks

15 pounds in two weeks, eh?

This isn't possible unless you count water weight.

Actually, I lied. You can do it. Take 2,4-dinitrophenol (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,4-Dinitrophenol), Clenbuterol, and run 10 miles a day with a 500 calorie diet, and you should be able to do it no problem.

(By the way, 2,4-Dinitrophenol is cellular poison - basically ingesting cancer.)
Old 08-14-2007, 10:03 AM

By the way, losing water weight won't make you look thinner.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
15 pounds in two weeks, eh?

This isn't possible unless you count water weight.

Actually, I lied. You can do it. Take 2,4-dinitrophenol (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,4-Dinitrophenol), Clenbuterol, and run 10 miles a day with a 500 calorie diet, and you should be able to do it no problem.

(By the way, 2,4-Dinitrophenol is cellular poison - basically ingesting cancer.)

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, this doesn't seem worth it. how about we make it 4-5 weeks...what would a good plan be?
Old 08-14-2007, 10:43 AM

15lbs in 5 weeks is more doable, but still close...You could try the Velocity diet though it takes tiem to prepare for...Shoot for 8-10lbs realistically without going overboard.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
me: 5'10, probably 225. that's not as super fat as it might sound, I was a sprinter in high school weighing around 190. I'm generally kind of big all over, but right now I'm clearly 25 pounds overweight or so.

I have a friends wedding coming up and want to lose at least 15 pounds by then. how hard will this be?

current eating habits: I eat whatever/whenever, sometimes a salad with lunch. I generally have an alchoholic drink or 2 at night.

I don't work out at all, though I have access to a gym with plenty of cardio machines and time to workout every day.

can anyone recommend a good 2 week plan for me wrt to diet/working out? it's not a big deal if I don't lose 15, but from what (little) I understand, I think I can do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is harder to look different at all in 2 weeks.

15 pounds of what [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] It will be mostly water/glycogen loss anyways

Set up more of a longterm plan where you enjoy the process instead of a painful 2 weeks of checkraising yourself.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:44 PM

Good luck with that.

You could try taking those Venom pills. I started taking them on Sunday and I've literally not been able to sleep but 3 or 4 hours each night. That [censored] is crazy.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:00 PM

the velocity might get you around 10...but it won't be 10lbs of fat, mostly water and glycogen...
Old 08-14-2007, 03:05 PM

Losing around 2lbs per week is considered to be healthy and a reasonable goal. For someone of your size, you will probably want to be taking in about 2200-2400 kcals daily. This will be a pretty big shock to someone who is used to eating whatever/whenever, so it would probably be best to start at 3000 or so, then jump down 200 a day.

Try and eat 6-8 small meals a day, separated by 2-3 hours - this will keep your metabolism up all day. You will be wanting to eat clean foods, and getting your calories in about a 40/40/20 ratio from Protein/Carbs/Fat. Suggestions for good clean foods include:

cottage cheese
eggs
chicken
tuna
veggies
banana
almonds
avocado
whole wheat bread
oatmeal

Unfortunately, you are going to want to give up the alcohol entirely if you are serious about this. It is probably the worst thing possible for a diet.

As for exercise, I don't know what kind of physical shape/stamina you have, but if you can handle it, HIIT 3x a week would be great. Search this forum for more info on that, as there are a lot of threads on it. If you can't, Do some lower intensity cardio such as a jog or bike for 45 mins to an hour 3-4x a week. You will probably want to lift 3x a week also, focusing on big compound lifts such as squats, deadlifts, and bench press to help retain muscle mass while dieting.

Keep in mind, this is for a little longer term than 2 weeks, and to be honest, I think you would be doing very well to lose 6-7lbs in that timeframe. Best of luck.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:19 PM

good stuff, thanks scotty