Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 08:12 AM

Default \"Phil\" at the Wynn...

Played with a guy named Phil at the Wynn NL games this week. He had won a 7 dimes on a $500 bet on the Cowboys/Bills game i think... (perhaps louder than usual?)

What's the story?

Basically, (i think) he's a white guy in late 30s, ************* who dresses like a gangsta, loud as a 15yr old emo kid with a new drumset, is a caring father (says he spoils his kids lol), and a lag-tard who can be counted on to angle-shoot worse than jamie gold. ******************************. Any insight?

mod note - asking a question about a player is ok, making slanderous statements is not.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Re: \"Phil\" at the Wynn...

OK. Though he himself made these statements to me, and in no way represent my opinion (my opinion is above).

Basically, he seemed a colorful character and I wanted a b&m perspective on his play. I just lol'd a lot with him at the table.

btw a succesful defence to slander/libel is that one is stating the truth.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:53 PM

While on vacation, I was at the Wynn this week and watched/heard him most of Monday night/Tuesday morning ... he looked like Ice-T with his hat. Loud as hell, angle-shooting non-stop and made a complete mess of his chips. VERY annoying to play against. Walked around the table non-stop and had to be shushed by the purple security dudes a few times. Catcalled a few of the hot women trolling by. I wasn't in that NL game, but I definitely heard him ...
Old 10-13-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw a succesful defence to slander/libel is that one is stating the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

If its in the original post we wont allow it. The B&M forum is just like a real card room, you wouldn't turn to the person on your right while Phil was across the table to ask about him while stating your opinion about his "gray" activities.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Played with a guy named Phil at the Wynn NL games this week. He had won a 7 dimes on a $500 bet on the Cowboys/Bills game

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you win $7K on a $500 wager?
Old 10-13-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Played with a guy named Phil at the Wynn NL games this week. He had won a 7 dimes on a $500 bet on the Cowboys/Bills game

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

14 to 1
Old 10-13-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

14 to 1

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 10-14-2007, 09:04 AM

He was everywhere the other night. All over the room, the dealers kept shouting, "Phil on Table 19! Phil on Table 22!" Guy gets around.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you wouldn't turn to the person on your right while Phil was across the table to ask about him while stating your opinion about his "gray" activities.

[/ QUOTE ]

It happens all the time!
Old 10-14-2007, 06:19 PM

Sounds EXACTLY like the Phil who got 86'ed from the Orleans poker room (a hard thing to do) and then was on a short leash at the Suncoast poker room (close to getting 86ed).

Goes by the nickname Phil "Ivey". Can angle shoot and prop bet like ringing a bell.

Almost always wears sports clothing and a backwards baseball cap.

Once at Suncoast, he propped bet who was more white (skin pale) between him and another player. He rolls up his pant leg and his leg is shaved and looks like a frozen turkey!
Th whole table votes that he wins the bet in a slam dunk.

One time at Suncoast....

The floor was called over to Phil's table for some angle shoot situation. Phil's standing up ranting and raving (Phil is LOUD).

I am at a table next to Phil's. As he's yelling at the floor guy, I notice that one of his shoes has fallen off. I sneak over and take his shoe without anyone the wiser.

I get back to my table and say (To my table), "I've got Phil's shoe". The dealer and entire table just crack up.

Mean while Phil is going ape at his table over the floor ruling. Then it happens. Phil looks down and starts looking for his shoe.

He's looking, looking, looking ....then someone says, "what are you looking for?"

"Someone stole my shoe?"

"We got us a shoe thief"

"Someone playing GAMES, Man"

Then Phil says to the Floor....

"We got us a shoe thief, ROLL back the tape".

Floor: Now Phil, Don't you think you would of felt it, if someone stole your shoe?

Phil: You think I walked in here with one shoe on?!!!

"All I know is I walked in here with 2 shoes and I'm walking out of here with 2 shoes!"

"Roll the tape back"

Lucky for me about 20 minutes later, Phil was involved in another "call the floor situation". As all hell is breaking loose at his table, I figure this is as good a time as any to sneak back over there and put the shoe back under his foot. Somehow I pull it off without Phil seeing me.

When he finds it right by his foot (a bit later) the whole room has a little chuckle.

Later when he cashed out, I went up and told him it was me and that in retrospect, perhaps I should not have done it. He said we were cool.

Best Wishes

Howard