Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Taj 5/10

I was at the Taj Wed. night from around midnight to 4am. I played the 5/10 (lolimit) and it was probably the best limit game I've ever seen in my entire life. Every single hand (not joking) was capped 5 or 6 ways preflop. I won a 40 BB pot, which is the biggest pot I've ever won in a limit game.

My question is, is this normal? Is this game always this good? If so, I'm never going back to the Borgata again (or anywhere else, for that matter).
Old 07-28-2007, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Taj 5/10

No.

But once in a while it gets wild. There's a local guy, semi muscular, who captains and plays anything. If his soulmate sits down there than you have all the ingredients.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was at the Taj Wed. night from around midnight to 4am. I played the 5/10 (lolimit) and it was probably the best limit game I've ever seen in my entire life. Every single hand (not joking) was capped 5 or 6 ways preflop. I won a 40 BB pot, which is the biggest pot I've ever won in a limit game.

My question is, is this normal? Is this game always this good? If so, I'm never going back to the Borgata again (or anywhere else, for that matter).

[/ QUOTE ]

come join me at the 20-40 game at the taj. if me and sang< old korean guy, are sitting at the same table, you'll see some 5-9 way capped pf, flop, turn and river. i'm very proud to tell you this! i'm giving information on some of the crazy good games at the taj.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

come join me at the 20-40 game at the taj. if me and sang< old korean guy, are sitting at the same table, you'll see some 5-9 way capped pf, flop, turn and river.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, thats something to be proud of.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:18 PM

I've played this game several times in the last couple of weeks, and I agree, the action has been great. Very odd, considering it was always a pretty dead game and I always preferred the 4-8 or pink chip at The Trop. I've seen 3 or 4 steady donators at The Taj 5-10 and I hope they stick around awhile.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:45 AM

Holy [censored] if I knew the 5/10 LHE game at the taj was like this I'd have been there all summer. Can you promise me this game next weekend? I will get drunk and cap blind i promise.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:44 AM

TT will love this one [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Years ago my friend Joe (aka Fred G Sanford)and I played at the Taj in a $5-$10 game that featured a maniac who raised or capped every pot. This took place when the Taj had a lot of action, before the the birth of the Borgata. Back then I considered the $5-$10 game a tough game.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

come join me at the 20-40 game at the taj. if me and sang< old korean guy, are sitting at the same table, you'll see some 5-9 way capped pf, flop, turn and river.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, thats something to be proud of.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLZ
Old 07-29-2007, 11:49 PM

OP should try the 5-10 at Foxwoods. In the good old days upstairs, we routinely had 7 people in for 3 bets late at night. Oh and there is a full kill triggered by pot size, making a lot of hands 10-20, or effectively 30-30-40-20.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP should try the 5-10 at Foxwoods. In the good old days upstairs, we routinely had 7 people in for 3 bets late at night. Oh and there is a full kill triggered by pot size, making a lot of hands 10-20, or effectively 30-30-40-20.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would, but AC is 1 hour from Philly and Foxwoods is 4.5. Someone would have to get me really drunk to aqree to that.