Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 05:56 AM

Default Re: ALL MY ACCOUNTS WERE HACKED INTO

I have a few comments. First, I know EXACTLY what you are going through, september 05 I woke up one morning to find my pokerroom account depleted of 120,000 and change(they were nice enough to leave me 15k). Luckily that was the only acct the person got too and was only half of playing bankroll. Anyways, the hacker got me through same thing, keystroke trojan and must of been hawking my games for weeks because he accessed my acct during the only few hours I would sleep everynight and dumped the money to tons of other accts. Long story short, Pokerroom proceeded with a 6 week investigation resulting in me getting back 40k of the money and some lame excuses where the rest was. Basically all you can do is sit back and wait , while FTP has not given you many anwsers I assure you they are working on this but dont expect it to be resolved quickly. Pokerroom froze dozens of accts during my incident while they went through everything. Sounds like you caught this quickly so there is no way the money has been taken offline yet so I would imagine stars and FTP have frozen all accts related to this.

And for everyone else that wants to avoid this ever happening to you a 50 dollar peice of equipment solves keystroke trojan problem. you can get it at best buy. It hooks up to a usb port and scans your fingerprint. So you just set your passwords up with the software and whenever you log in you do it through your fingerprint so you dont have to actually type the password in. And if you play for a living, get 2 computers and use one of them for ONLY poker nothing else and use the other for all other internet activity.

cant think of anything else, but from what I have read I think you are in good shape with stars and neteller for sure of getting the money back, and Im sure FTP will contact you soon with more info. I know its hard to be patient, I had to be for 6 weeks, it was the most frustrating thing ever.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:03 AM

FT replied:

Hello Jared,

Thank you for your email, and I greatly apologize for the delay in our
response to you.

We have already launched an exhaustive investigation into this matter
and can confirm with you at this time that there was a recent $25,000
transfer made from player LucLongley to another player named
Eddiefelsonn on our site.

Upon close investigation it was revealed this player Eddiefelsonn lost a
portion of the transfer money through legitimate table play on our site.
We have also discovered through our chat records that player Eddifelsonn
had successfully attempted to offer trades with other players on our
site in attempt to dispose of the fraudulent funds in return for clean
funds. For security purposes, I am afraid I cannot disclose the methods
of which it was done. I can assure that those methods were,
unfortunately, legitimate as well.

I am terribly sorry that you have fallen victim to such fraud, but
unfortunately the funds are no longer retrievable. I know this offers
little consolation, but please be advised that we have taken action to
permanently close this fraudulent account down and have also suspended
your Neteller account from being used on our site.

If you wish to consider other options to play on our site and/or to use
your Neteller account again, please let us know and we will glad to
assist you.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Regards,

Larry
Cashier Security Manager
Full Tilt Poker Support

This is an unacceptable response. This is 36 hours after my 1st of 11 emails to them regarding fraud. I wrote them back saying it's unacceptable and I want to talk on the phone with a higher up. This is unacceptable in terms of business operation.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:26 AM

Wow....

I can say FULL TILT sucks and I don't think I'll ever play there...
Old 01-09-2007, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is an unacceptable response. This is 36 hours after my 1st of 11 emails to them regarding fraud. I wrote them back saying it's unacceptable and I want to talk on the phone with a higher up. This is unacceptable in terms of business operation.

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly do you want them to do?
Old 01-09-2007, 09:54 AM

How is this Full Tilt's fault? If they refunded you the $ it would be coming out of their own pockets right?
Old 01-09-2007, 10:27 AM

I usually just lurk but I think the question is how much less would the damage have been if they'd frozen your account and the suspected ones within a reasonable time letsay 1/2 - 2 hours after your initial request.

When I lose or get robbed of my cc I can contact the bank after noticing it 24/7, I dont think its ludicrous assuming/wanting the better known pokersites to be offering something similar?

The initial and main mistake def. is OP's but the damage could have probably been minimized, who knows how much, with some standard procedure and its not as if this is the first time this has happened...

They could easily be blamed aswell I feel depending on the answers.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly do you want them to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Freeze it within 2 hours and less than 24843834 emails?

this is 100% unacceptable, unless you are UB
Old 01-09-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How is this Full Tilt's fault? If they refunded you the $ it would be coming out of their own pockets right?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no legitimate financial institutions (except for these online poker sites) in the world that does not have 24/7 phone access in case stuff like this happens. Don't know if PokerStars have phone access, but at least they respond to emails quickly.

If Fulltilt had frozen all involved accounts within an hour of first notice, most of the money may have been recoverable. They probably didn't even freeze any accounts until after their 'investigation' was done. I agree w/ the OP that their behavior is unexceptable.

I feel for the OP. There is nothing more frustrating than not being able to contact anybody when something this time sensitive is happening.

I would support a full boycott of FullTilt until they install a phone number with real human beings at the other end.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Freeze it within 2 hours and less than 24843834 emails?

this is 100% unacceptable, unless you are UB

[/ QUOTE ]

Well right, I meant from this point on.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can assure that those methods were,
unfortunately, legitimate as well.

[/ QUOTE ] What does that mean? He laundered money through legimitimate means, so now they are actually clean? That makes no sense. Why can't full tilt contact neteller and tell them what withdrawals to what neteller account(s) consist of fraudulent money, and have neteller stop the money from going offline? Or at the very least tell you what accounts are involved so you can tell neteller about it.