Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 07:51 AM

Default Hate this spot against unknown.

Is everyone bet/folding the espensive streets UI?

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP folds, Button folds.

Turn: (3 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero???
Old 02-28-2007, 08:09 AM

Default Re: Hate this spot against unknown.

Err...so he's made it to the river. What exactly are you beating here that he raises? That's a really dry board. I think you're hoping for a chop at best. Yeah, I think b/f's fine, even on the river.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:32 AM

yeah. you have to bet/fold both the turn and river. You won't even chop the river to enough kings to make it worth calling. You're not ahead or chopping enough to call the river getting 8 to 1. Facing a turn raise, you're getting 6 to 1+, not enough to continue.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:08 AM

I hate this spot as well. Getting 8-1 I call, but it may be bad, since I don't remember the last time I won here.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:13 AM

I also hate this spot, and certainly having a read on the BB would be important here cuz against a tag, I would just check/fold the turn given the fact that he called my flop bet with 2 people behind him on a drawless board.

Assuming I want to play on there are two approaches I utilize from the turn on.

1) I bet/fold every street

2) I simply check/call down.

Which line I take depends on what kind of opponent I am up against.

With no read's I usually bet/fold both streets. Usually with a marginal made hand HU against an online unknown I prefer getting to the showdown, meaning If I cant stand a raise I will just check/call down, but our hand sux so much after this flop action that I would rather bet/fold so I can atleast save a bet those times the villain pops the turn.

Sometimes I wonder if check/folding the turn after someone smooth calls an AAx drawless flop with 2 people behind him will show a higher expectation than bet/folding or check/calling even against an unknown. I dont know the answer to this so I dont check/fold unless I have a read that says I should.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:59 AM

I usually bet the flop. If I'm called in 2 spots I check the turn. If only one guy calls I bet the turn. I check/call the river because I get angry at 2p2 when I bet/fold this river.