Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2006, 01:56 PM

Default Re: tourney donk needs your help - hand 1

Why no flop bet?
Old 08-10-2006, 02:27 PM

Location: coaching poker and writing \"Professional No-Limit Hold\'em\" for Two Plus Two Publishing with Matt Flynn and Ed Miller

I like the flop check if you didn't have the nut flush draw....look at the hand you have on the turn and look how much money is in the pot......river - as played, if this is never a bluff by villain you just have to estimate how often this is ever a smaller two-pair....probably not often, but that I don't know....
Old 08-10-2006, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
River is a fold but it should go check/call since you showed so much weakness. I think you played it fine up until then though.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is terrible. there are so many hands that check behind that would call a bet on the river. you really want to check the river given the flop check?
Old 08-10-2006, 03:39 PM

i guess i will mention that checking the flop here is not a matter of policy and i would probably bet it most of the time
Old 08-10-2006, 04:20 PM

you're not fooling anyone with that flop check

this is pretty much an autobet board for a preflop raiser
Old 08-10-2006, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
River is a fold but it should go check/call since you showed so much weakness. I think you played it fine up until then though.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is terrible. there are so many hands that check behind that would call a bet on the river. you really want to check the river given the flop check?

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.

Hero is so obviously weak that a good player should shove this river all day long. Why open ourselves up to that? We're going to bet the river, why? Full pot? So he can fold his weak ace, mid pair, missed draw? No...we should be checking so villian can bluff because he likely won't call with his the majority of his hand range.

Another alternative would be a very weak block bet, like $300ish. But I don't care too much for that.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.

Hero is so obviously weak that a good player should shove this river all day long. Why open ourselves up to that? We're going to bet the river, why? Full pot? So he can fold his weak ace, mid pair, missed draw? No...we should be checking so villian can bluff because he likely won't call with his the majority of his hand range.

Another alternative would be a very weak block bet, like $300ish. But I don't care too much for that.

[/ QUOTE ]im thinking its gotta be at least even money u have somehow misred the hand.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:15 PM

that's what i was thinknig. does he know we have AQ on an AQ876 no flush board HU?
Old 08-10-2006, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]im thinking its gotta be at least even money u have somehow misred the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

u too funny.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:46 PM

please destroy this flop with monies. ure equity is HUUUGE here. as playd i think u may be stuck calling here? idk, the fact that u didnt bet the flop really confuses me here on what villain could have. T9 maybe, but idk if i would assume my implied were there enough of the time since u checkd the flop, if i were villain.