Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 10:45 AM

Default Knee Pain

I played soccer for the first time in a while (3 years) at a semi-competitive level. I played almost the full 90 minutes and got a lot of touches playing striker/attacking midfield. The next morning when I woke up, I had a lot of pain in my knee/hamstring area on my left leg. I'm a left footed player.

Figured it was just soreness. The pain has gradually reduced. It really didn't bother me much playing basketball on Wednesday.

Right now, the extent of the pain is if try to do a runner's stretch (heel to butt), I get a pain in the front of my knee. There is also a pain if I bend over to pick something up (a 'squat' type movement is fine, but if my feet are closer together there is some discomfort). I really don't notice it in walking or other everyday movements.

So is this more likely just soreness from being out of shape and not playing much soccer or possibly something more serious? I do plan on getting it checked out by my doctor, but I can't get an appointment for another two weeks with my primary as I'm traveling. I don't think it justifies a trip to the ER.