Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Foxwoods 20/40 Thin spot

foxwoods 20/40.. i'm new to the table but half the table is very familiar w/ my play.. although their previous experience w/ me has been that I am a HUUUGE nit, they are relatively careless and are willing to take a flop and peel regardless.

I get a raise UTG+1 from a relatively loose 2-bettor regular, yet he basically never 4-bets and his 3-bets demand respect into a large field (marky walnuts) for those whom regular the foxwoods game.

I 3-bet from the CO w/ A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

VERY loose retarded regular (norman) for all you foxwoods regulars, calls 2.5 bets cold in the SB ( not very uncommon in this game ), UTG+1 calls.

flop comes 10 high w/ two blanks (2,4)

checked to me and i bet, sb calls, utg+1 thinks and says something along the lines of (ehh, too much money i call). for those of you whom know mark.. he talks quite a bit and I am able to pick up a great deal of information on his hand when he does this.. maybe the retarded regulars dont.. but i know i do.

turn is a J.. checked to me and i bet, sb raises, utg+1 calls... for your sakes i had planned on 3-betting SB if it had gotten to HU.. if you know norman you'd understand why.. he gets slightly out of line in weird spots when there are two solid players in the pot.. trying to prove something probably.

so i fold.

anyhow, results are unimportant really.. it went check, check on the river and SB showed the other AQ and UTG+1 showed KJo, scooping the pot.

i verbally announced that had it been HU between me and SB, i would have 3-bet his bet on the turn b/c i was like 99% positive he's folding to a 3-bet there.. he tends to get VERY timid if you show aggression and he has air. then utg+1 tells me he would have folded if SB had folded on the turn.. but there was "too much money" in the pot.

my post is basically a question of my reasoning in the hand.. since i can compare the foxwoods 20/40 to the commerce 20/40 for those whom have never played the foxwoods goldmine.

am i crazy or did i just have a good read?
Old 01-07-2007, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods 20/40 Thin spot

see the river for one more bet.
youre getting about 10:1.
and you have somewhere between.
4-10 outs.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:03 AM

you folded getting 11:1 with 2 overs and a gutshot closing the action. yes, you're crazy.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:09 AM

see i'm not so sure you guys are correct here considering the game we're talking about here.. how many J-X hands arent containing one of my good cards?
Old 01-07-2007, 01:24 AM

All that aside, why'd you bet the turn?
Old 01-07-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All that aside, why'd you bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

to be completely honest i thought i was ahead.

2-bet ranges from UTG+1 are huge.. and SB is a weaktight nitty idiot who happened to pull a move probably for the first time in his life.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:35 AM

that turn fold is amazingly horrible. if one player turned over TT, and the other turned over JJ, the turn is still a call. WTF?!?!?!?!?!
Old 01-07-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair.

[ QUOTE ]
SB is a weaktight nitty idiot who happened to pull a move probably for the first time in his life.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you said he gets out of line in multiplayer pots? And you're going to 3 bet him? I don't get it. I guess the 3 bet plan is ok if he's raising for a FSD OOP, which is awesome.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that turn fold is amazingly horrible. if one player turned over TT, and the other turned over JJ, the turn is still a call. WTF?!?!?!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

bob i'm facing a call from a preflop caller for 2 bets cold and a preflop raiser calling my turn continuation bet.. and this is bad?

how many of my outs are live after the J pops up?

and say the river comes a Q or an A.. am i good? how many bets am i prepared to pay off if one of them comes?
Old 01-07-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair.

[ QUOTE ]
SB is a weaktight nitty idiot who happened to pull a move probably for the first time in his life.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you said he gets out of line in multiplayer pots? And you're going to 3 bet him? I don't get it. I guess the 3 bet plan is ok if he's raising for a FSD OOP, which is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, your fold is horrid. And I think the bet is pretty bad too. Go Jets.