Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Full Ring 101 Questions - N00Bs ask here

Not a cost issue. I play on four different computers, which means that only 1/4 of the time would I have access to PT stats (unless I just got four licenses). The one I play on the most is the work computer, where they delete all foreign software regularly, so any PT stat accumulation wouldn't stick anyway.

I would love to play with HUD, but not sure I can make it happen.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not a cost issue. I play on four different computers, which means that only 1/4 of the time would I have access to PT stats (unless I just got four licenses). The one I play on the most is the work computer, where they delete all foreign software regularly, so any PT stat accumulation wouldn't stick anyway.

I would love to play with HUD, but not sure I can make it happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

i 12-table nl200 without a HUD. not necessary IMO
Old 10-27-2007, 06:27 PM

I honestly can't imagine multi-tabling without a HUD.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:42 PM

Excellent idea - don't know why I didn't think of that.

Do you keep all of PT on there, and run it from the drive? Any special tricks to doing that, or do you just install to the usb drive?
Old 10-28-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you keep all of PT on there, and run it from the drive? Any special tricks to doing that, or do you just install to the usb drive?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think you could install everything. I haven't done it, but it seems like an obvious solution. Maybe post in the PokerTracker forums and see if anyone has done that?
Old 10-28-2007, 12:41 AM

PTracker Question:

How often do you backup your pokertracker databases in case of a computer crash (or dropping computer in a lake, etc..)?
And, where do you backup the 1+ Gig files at? Are there websites that will host these size files for you? Or is it better to use an external hard drive.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How often do you backup your pokertracker databases in case of a computer crash (or dropping computer in a lake, etc..)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe every 6 months or so.

[ QUOTE ]

And, where do you backup the 1+ Gig files at? Are there websites that will host these size files for you? Or is it better to use an external hard drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

DVD
Old 10-28-2007, 01:14 AM

thx
Old 10-28-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PTracker Question:

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to get into a routine to do it daily, but in reality, I only do it about once a week. You can accumulate a huge amount of data if you play a lot and trying to re-construct it by requesting hand histories, etc. would be a pain in the butt.

Fortunately, it is not too difficult for me to do because I have more than one hard drive.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:31 PM

Sorry if this is tl/dr. I am trying to find a sticky/poohbah post or any advice about play from the blinds. Particularly which hands are standard to complete with in the SB in a multiway pot and hands that are useful in defending a blind steal.

I am currently just completing small blinds in multiway pots with the same hands I would limp from LP. In the BB I am always wondering if I should be defending against a button blind steal with hands like Kxs or 89o etc. This is primarily full ring NL play.

Currently running at -0.24ptBB/hand in the BB with 12% VPIP and folding 80% to steals and -0.08ptBB/hand in the SB with 35% VPIP and folding 85% to steals. (I have no idea what standard stats are for the blinds, I steal A LOT from the SB when I'm in weak-tight games so that's why SB VPIP is so high).

I used to run at close to 0 out of the SB but it was very high variance over a small sample of ~20k and I decided to tighten up a bit when completing and calling 3-4BB raises because I felt like I was starting to be exploited by the better players that understood position and try to steal more myself from the button instead so those profits have pretty much just moved to the button out of the SB.

As I said I am currently playing the small blind the same as the button in terms of completing in multiway pots, but I'm not sure how to play in terms of raised multiway pots and hands that are good enough to defend with out of the blinds. I realize this is player dependant, but even some advice on how to adjust villain's range in terms of stealing from the button or cutoff would be great.