Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: the well: renton

Donk;

FWIW, capaneo is playing 22/18 on 1/2, and he does alright [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2007, 03:31 PM

<3 Clockwork pic.

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, capaneo is playing 22/18 on 1/2, and he does alright

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure he gets knocked down to 1/2 every once in a while, so he def has some leaks. He's a good player IMO but he's way too aggressive postflop and can easily be exploited. Just call down with TP and he's free money.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:27 PM

yeah i mean, capaneo is obviously a thinking player. I used to think he was really terrible when i played against him at 2/4 six max. He would just go allin pre against me so much whenever i had QQ+ AK lol.

He's definitely since gotten better. He kinda reminds me of jetsetboy and wobbly_au (i hope im not highly offending either of them here), in that they both seem to go after me more than they perhaps should. Theres just no reason to try to outplay the ppl in the game that you don't really have an edge on, of if u do its extremely small.

You should see when GM and I are at the same table. We generally avoid each other. The only thing we do much different is 3bet eachother in spots where we'd coldcall against a bad player, that way it lowers the amount of postflop pots we play together, and therefore lowers our general variance in the game. We basically concede that if either of us has an edge over the other, that its so small that it isn't even worth realizing.

Obviously, when you get to 25/50 and all the players are pretty good, THEN you must go into insane outplay ppl mode and suffer the variance consequences.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:39 PM

just as a note me and renton arent necessarily softplaying each other we just understand that trying to outplay the other guy every time we're in a hand is basically a waste of time when there so many weaker players we can make easy money off.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. Raise a lot preflop, in all positions. Don't ever limp in. Very rarely cold call. Against good players be more apt to 3bet your small pairs rather than set mine them. Raise limpers with almost any two cards. Jack it up to 10bb from the blinds after limpers with a pretty wide range. Fold to reraises almost always unless there is history, especially out of position. Make sure every move you make preflop is with a wide, or at least balanced range. Example being i very rarely cold call, but in situations i DO cold call you can bet that my range, rather than being just 22-JJ or whatever, is going to be more like 22-AA AK AQ and suited connectors. As far as ranges, unless you are in a very aggressive game, u can get away with raising 22+ AJs+ AQ+ and suited connectors T9 and up QT and up under the gun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Renton, thanks for taking the time to do the Well. When I switched from SNG's to cash I read your articles on FTR and built my game around it. Much appreciated.

Just wanted to follow up about your comment above about never limping in. Am I to take that to believe that includes avoiding limping behind as well?

Say you're on the button holding a hand like 87s or something. Obviously you'd raise a limper. Would you also raise 3 limpers with the same range or do you tighten your range up with each additional limper above 1? I think I'm far too weak in position with multiple limpers in front.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. Raise a lot preflop, in all positions. Don't ever limp in. Very rarely cold call. Against good players be more apt to 3bet your small pairs rather than set mine them. Raise limpers with almost any two cards. Jack it up to 10bb from the blinds after limpers with a pretty wide range. Fold to reraises almost always unless there is history, especially out of position. Make sure every move you make preflop is with a wide, or at least balanced range. Example being i very rarely cold call, but in situations i DO cold call you can bet that my range, rather than being just 22-JJ or whatever, is going to be more like 22-AA AK AQ and suited connectors. As far as ranges, unless you are in a very aggressive game, u can get away with raising 22+ AJs+ AQ+ and suited connectors T9 and up QT and up under the gun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Renton, thanks for taking the time to do the Well. When I switched from SNG's to cash I read your articles on FTR and built my game around it. Much appreciated.

Just wanted to follow up about your comment above about never limping in. Am I to take that to believe that includes avoiding limping behind as well?

Say you're on the button holding a hand like 87s or something. Obviously you'd raise a limper. Would you also raise 3 limpers with the same range or do you tighten your range up with each additional limper above 1? I think I'm far too weak in position with multiple limpers in front.

[/ QUOTE ]

I limp behind sometimes but definitely not very much. in the 87s scenario i'd almost always raise regardless of number of limpers, unless i were afraid of getting playback, or if there were shortstacks to worry about.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:29 PM

wobbly is tagfish IMO.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I limp behind sometimes but definitely not very much. in the 87s scenario i'd almost always raise regardless of number of limpers, unless i were afraid of getting playback, or if there were shortstacks to worry about.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of table/cards/players/action combine to convince you to limp or cold call?
Old 10-01-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wobbly is tagfish IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

he doesn't give me a lot of trouble, but i think he's definitely killing 1/2, and ive seen him playing 3/6 lately, so either he's running well at 2/4 or he's tilting/chasinglosses
Old 10-01-2007, 06:40 PM

22/18 like renton says can be played at 1/2 very well. at 2/4 and 3/6, its -very- tough. i 3bet the hell of of people playing that style. i dont have many hands with renton (less than 200), but have an ok amount with grand, and i have him at something like 15/12, but I know he generally runs a little higher. i think a perfect % for 2/4, and the results speak for themselves. i dont mind playing against capa because he runs around that 22/18 and i -know- he runs like that, can be taken advantage of, but still a very good player.