Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Re: &&& Official Friday CFB Thread &&&

[ QUOTE ]
tlt - anyone who was trying to listen to your opinions is rapidly learning how much you don't know when you argue about fairly obvious stuff like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-27-2007, 12:23 AM

ah, icky, be nice. just hang in there, and you'll get your money back.

say, are you betting psu?
Old 10-27-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tlt - anyone who was trying to listen to your opinions is rapidly learning how much you don't know when you argue about fairly obvious stuff like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta disagree with this thinking hank. I dislike his arrogance and don't think he gets his point across all that well sometimes but I think he understands the game better than most. Could be a good contributor if he chooses getting along with people over flame wars.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:53 AM

I think he has some decent insights to contribute as well...my point is that his trying to wave his big e-peen is really taking it in the wrong direction.
Thus insulting maj and myturn just makes him look retarded.

If he toned it down and just shared his opinions and participated in dialogue without insulting everyone then that would be way cool.
But his having a different approach and some of us actually being interested in it is a different story from ripping everyone else's math-based approach and telling them all they are morons and don't know what they're doing.

If he does more of the former then GREAT. But he seems determined to just continue on with the latter and if that keeps happening then I vote BAN!!
Old 10-27-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta disagree with this thinking hank. I dislike his arrogance and don't think he gets his point across all that well sometimes but I think he understands the game better than most. Could be a good contributor if he chooses getting along with people over flame wars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? All this "I don't look at the lines, I just pick winners" and "don't listen to bean-counters that use statistical analysis, just watch the games" stuff comes off as about the squarest logic imaginable. I haven't seen one post where he actually displays some worthwhile knowledge about sports betting.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:34 AM

How's this one from the other thread on tonights game.

[ QUOTE ]

what, isn't it sufficient?

but:

1) Fresno has lost 3 starting D-linemen the past month, as well as 3-2 string back-ups.

2) Boise has the best O line in the WAC (virtually the same line that whacked up OU's defensive front last year), so, this and 1) above makes the absence of pre-season All-American I Johnson immaterial. Boise St should have no trouble running the ball, and scoring.

3) the big question mark on this game going in was the 600 yds of rushing Boise gave up the last two games. Safety J. Johnson is back in the lineup after 3 weeks (prior to the previous two weeks Boise had held its opponents to less rushing yards per game than their season averages), and this should allow the line backers more freedom to ad lib on the run plays.

with this major hole plugged, the weakness of Fresno on defense, and Boise's superior Offense, i saw this game as money.

so, no, i didn't bet this in response to wedgie's play, but knowing he was on Fresno certainly gave me grounds for optimism.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-27-2007, 01:39 AM

Who cares if he is good at sports betting or not? He obviously sucks at life.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:28 AM

kdog:

thank you for your efforts to maintain a balanced perspective.

and to those others of you who have distracted by my behavior, i offer you my apologies.

tlt
Old 10-27-2007, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How's this one from the other thread on tonights game.

[ QUOTE ]

what, isn't it sufficient?

but:

1) Fresno has lost 3 starting D-linemen the past month, as well as 3-2 string back-ups.

2) Boise has the best O line in the WAC (virtually the same line that whacked up OU's defensive front last year), so, this and 1) above makes the absence of pre-season All-American I Johnson immaterial. Boise St should have no trouble running the ball, and scoring.

3) the big question mark on this game going in was the 600 yds of rushing Boise gave up the last two games. Safety J. Johnson is back in the lineup after 3 weeks (prior to the previous two weeks Boise had held its opponents to less rushing yards per game than their season averages), and this should allow the line backers more freedom to ad lib on the run plays.

with this major hole plugged, the weakness of Fresno on defense, and Boise's superior Offense, i saw this game as money.

so, no, i didn't bet this in response to wedgie's play, but knowing he was on Fresno certainly gave me grounds for optimism.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this came after the game was 2 hours and 40 minutes old
Old 10-28-2007, 09:41 PM

but, the option to play the game was expressed BEFORE (post: #12685282 - 10/26/07 07:08 PM) the game went off. the question, which you didn't READ as usual, and to which this reply was made, asked WHY i chose BSte.

by the way, your recommendations in those long lists of yours were down for this week 10 units, give or take. for a guy that acts like the greatest sports capper since the discovery of the football, i'd just keep it quiet for a while if i were you: i'm starting to feel the embarrassment for you, you should feel yourself.

just a little advice, you know?

not that i give a damn. on second thought, i'm going to put you on ignore. however many facts you know about football just seems to get in the way of your judgment of it; and i find it distracting, really. every time i read one of your posts on psu, say, or why the big ten is the cream of the conferences, i think of shakespeare's idiot (you know, the one that's full of sound and fury, signifying nothing?). maybe, instead of betting the game, you should turn to writing about it. those guys can't pick enough winners to pay for cable, either.

tlt