Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 05:04 AM

Default Re: A Female President: Is America ready?

Sweet. Bring on the conventions!
Old 07-26-2007, 05:40 AM

i dont think its been mentioned yet, bet as a freshman senator hillary voted for every spending increase measure. personally i dont know how she has done in the previous years, but its another reason to hate her.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The key is not for them to change color and vote Dem...but to not get out and vote. And also not to rally the troops to get out and hit the streets and make sure everyone else gets out and votes for Rudy.

The indeps are going to go democrat regardless of the rep nominee simply based off the fact that Rudy is all for staying in Iraq and possibly attacking invading Iran. He also has just as many skeletons as clinton.

With a shift in indep + a lack of mobilization of the far right. Hillary can win and Obama would cream him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't picture America voting a black man in as President for a long time.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The key is not for them to change color and vote Dem...but to not get out and vote. And also not to rally the troops to get out and hit the streets and make sure everyone else gets out and votes for Rudy.

The indeps are going to go democrat regardless of the rep nominee simply based off the fact that Rudy is all for staying in Iraq and possibly attacking invading Iran. He also has just as many skeletons as clinton.

With a shift in indep + a lack of mobilization of the far right. Hillary can win and Obama would cream him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't picture America voting a black man in as President for a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Colin Powell had a good shot.

Obama would bring out the pitchforks and torches.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:25 PM

according to some certain prediction market:

traders have the following:

for the democratic nomination:

Clinton: 47%
Obama: 35%
Biden: 1%

For GOP noms:

Guiliani 36%
Thompson: 32%
Romney: 18%

For President:

Clinton: 28%
Obama: 18%
Guiliani: 20%
Thompson: 15%

Dems: 56$
GOP: 39%

I question about Ohio and Pennsylvania. I know that both states are losing a large portion of their populations, moving to states that won't matter, because these states tend to be established one way or the other.

I will assert that it is far more likely that liberals will move around more than republicans.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:39 PM

Just arriving to this thread and didn't read it all.

I am a disenchanted libertarian who would happily vote for a woman if I agreed with her on the issues. I normally don't even bother to vote.

But if Hillary Clinton gets the Dem nomination, I will vote early and often for the candidate who has the best chance of defeating her. I don't "hate" Mrs. Clinton but I am terrified at the prospect of her being president.

I think she is trying to sandbag everyone with her recent "middle of the road" voting record and believe she is still who she was when she was first lady -- a power-hungry ultraliberal with totalitarian tendencies who wants to recreate America in her vision of whatever. I have not forgotten that she proposed to nationalize the U.S. health care system completely, or that she refused to turn over subpoenaed documents because "we are the president."

I will campaign in the streets to keep Hillary out of the White House. Ugh.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:48 PM

I think in the large part america is ready for a chick and for a black dude to be president, the real question is are we ready for a black chick president. Imo no.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:18 AM

LOL
Old 07-28-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would a female or minority president ever be a realistic possibility with the electoral college? Seriously. Maybe, and I mean MAYBE, in a hundred years we might see this but not now, not today.

edit: Just read davet's post, sorry for repeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

look at the electoral map and tell me the states that hillary/obama are going to win and which ones they will not win, then tell me the undecided states. are these states going to be different for hillary/obama then john edwards?

when is the next time california is going to vote republican or georgia democrat? america seems to be very strongly divided, so i really dont see why a woman or a black cannot steal an election.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the notion that evangs will still mobilize over a guy who is pro abortion/pro gays/pro everything they hate is kind of silly

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if the opponent is Hillary or Obama.

[/ QUOTE ]

you seem to confuse mobilize hundreds of thousands of voters with someone who was going to vote no matter what finally settling and voting for rudy cuz he is their only option given he is the only repub.

Many many evang will NOT VOTE at all and esp for Rudy no matter what out of principle. Doesn't matter who the Dem cand is. They simply will not vote for a man who supports and helps the cause of the murder of innocent lives along with the promotion of a lifestyle that is an abomination.

This is why if Fred Thompson doesn't implode/fall apart..which is highly unlikely...either he or romney will be the rep can in 08

[/ QUOTE ]

im pretty sure jeb bush endorsed Romney which is enough for me to make him the big favorite.