Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 10:42 AM

Default WSOP- flush draw on paired board

WSOP ME Day 2B, 500/1000 a100- My previous table just broke; I've been at my new table for about an orbit. I've taken down 2 hands raising preflop including the previous hand UTG+2. This hand, I have 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG+1 and raise to 3200 (standard). Folds to mid-20s guy with Finnish(?) accent, large designer gold-rimmed sunglasses and a scarf who's been throwing around high stakes names with another guy smooth-calls on the button. He's also taken a couple pots preflop this last orbit. As he was deliberating preflop I joked that the second raise in a row is always a hand. Blinds fold.

Heads up:
(T8900)

A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I have about 74K behind, villain has 35K. Plan of attack?

Also possibly worth note: First major live tourney for me. I've been nervous, but trying to come off as someone who's been here before. I honestly have no idea if it's working. Wearing a turquoise PokerStars shirt. I have sunglasses with me, but I'm not wearing them. I'm 32.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Re: WSOP- flush draw on paired board

bet like 6k or whatever and fold if he raises (i guess if he does some stupid miniraise we can call) If he calls flop and heart hits, bet turn. If non heart, i guess c/f unless he bets rly small. I don't really like shoving a blank turn.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:22 AM

Why did you joke about the second raise in a row always being a hand? You admit this is your first major live tourney, you should have just shut up and said/did as little as possible.

This is a rare circumstance where I probably don't lead with the flush draw. Check/call then lead turn for about 1/2 pot might be kinda cool. Not a line I normally take but with the dynamic you have set up here it might work.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you joke about the second raise in a row always being a hand? You admit this is your first major live tourney, you should have just shut up and said/did as little as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right. This attitude was working at previous tables, but when I got to this one, I knew it was much tougher. I didn't want to give up my 'edge'. Thanks for the advice.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:50 AM

It was this guy, by the way.

2+2er, I assume?
Old 07-13-2007, 12:27 PM

I like a check here. He's not folding a big pair to one barrel on that board, and the speech might be relevant.

Check-something.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:32 PM

Yeah... just found out who this is. Honestly had no idea, as I couldn't get an internet connection at the Rio when I was there.

Anyway, my plan was to bet weak to either take the pot down cheaply, get a fairly inexpensive turn card, or enduce a raise which I could 3-bet, as his raise would be trying to take me off my 'non-existent' ace. I bet 4500, he fairly quickly raised 5000 more. I asked for a chip count (about 24K), then reraised 12K more. Spew?
Old 07-13-2007, 02:15 PM

Mineri's betting, check-raising, 3-betting, 4-betting, and 5-betting/shove range here, just so you know, is A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] through 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Old 07-13-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was this guy, by the way.

2+2er, I assume?

[/ QUOTE ]

vs this guy, i CRAI or bet/3bet AI depending on the typical bet size he will make. I want to put in the last bet, but also get at least one bet from him b/c he will put one in with anything.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:49 PM

I check with the intention of check-shoving