Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Should Vice Principal Lose Her Job? - (*Warning-Gruesome topic\")

Thinking about this more I'm really leaning towards of the side of she knew about this, but just didn't care and therefore should be punished. My reasoning is as follows, but let me preface it by saying that I do not have children, so I'm not speaking from experience, but rather my own instincts/feelings.

I assume like 99% of other working adults with children, she probably has a picture of them on her desk. Therefore at any point she is at her desk she should see the picture of her children and be reminded of them. Even if she isn't at her desk, I'm sure most parents think about their kids often during the day (or so I'm told). Therefore, when she thought of her children, shouldn't it have occurred to her that she left one of them in the car! This is much like leaving your keys in the car and saying oh [censored], i forgot my keys, during the middle of the day or insert another example here.

I just think this whole thing is a load of crap and that saying this is a forgivable accident in the eyes of society is a bunch of bull. And then letting her return to her job with a bunch of children, as an educator, don't even get me started on that.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:25 PM

What if she passed a polygraph and the examiner concluded that she somehow didn't see her child in the back seat?

Should she go to jail?
Should she lose her job?
Should she lose custody of her other child?

Assuming she's married, I guess I'd answer No, Yes, No.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What if she passed a polygraph and the examiner concluded that she somehow didn't see her child in the back seat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Having experienced something as traumatic as losing her child and facing blame for it, she's going to start believing that she didn't see her child and thus render a polygraph test unreliable.

Now hypothetically if the above weren't an issue, then my answer would be no, yes, maybe. She could keep her kid so long as she is never solely responsible for her care.