Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: 100nl- AA 200bbs deep against a REG... heres my line wut do u thin

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
check raise turn

[/ QUOTE ]
okay, i gave a one liner 'cause i hate when people ask you not to. But you don't really have that much left once you call his turn bet. I like checking the turn because it induces, especially if he's floating on the flop. But once he bets, you don't have that much behind, so i prefer just raising AI. This way he has to call with draws that he can fold on that river to your river shove (your chosen line).

[/ QUOTE ]well i HATE that one line [censored] from newbs such as u more then n e thing and it puts me on life tilt.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:50 PM

I make it closer to $20 pre being this deep.
I really like this line. c/r ai on the turn or c/call, open shove river are both fine.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I make it closer to $20 pre being this deep.
I really like this line. c/r ai on the turn or c/call, open shove river are both fine.

[/ QUOTE ]forgot to mention that i thought check call and shoving turn since there were 0 draws out there was the same as crai on the turn yet looks much less strong thus getting villian to call wider. u guys agree or disagree with this thought???!?!?
Old 10-20-2007, 05:56 PM

this seems fine and pretty standard, i'd say he has QQ or KK here more than JJ or 88, but i guess it's possible.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
forgot to mention that i thought check call and shoving turn since there were 0 draws out there was the same as crai on the turn yet looks much less strong thus getting villian to call wider. u guys agree or disagree with this thought???!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I thought when I looked at the hand. I think crai on the turn this deep will let QQ get away alot and occasionaly KK.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:40 PM

is this ftp? i might very well be villain as iīve been taking shots at 200nl too... not 100% sure though.
I think your line is fine here given how dry the board is.
donīt do this on a wet board though...
Old 10-20-2007, 07:48 PM

Alright..
Now i'm not entirely psyched on getting 200BB in with one pair, even if it is AA, but the board is insanely dry, so i don't think you played it that bad considering his hand is almost certainly KK,QQ or the opposing AA.

you describe him as fairly tight. and he raised to 5xbb p/f. Now i don't know much of his betting habits, but its up to you whether or not you think he bets this strong with high PP, or does with speculative hands. after his call p.f, i'm more inclined to say it is prolly KK,QQ. again, this all depends on how intelligent you think he is, and whether or not he's apprehensive to get so much money in deepstacked.

basically, there are no draws. so why is he calling? sets seem very unlikely, that meaning he would have had to have played 22/33/88 like this p.f the only one you'd have to worry about is JJ. the river three changes nothing, you were either ahead or behind by the turn.

so the river is the big Question for me. i like the turn call, i don't think raising AI will accomplish much. JJ will call, many others may fold if he's tightish.
I would just check/call the river, rather than valuestack yourself.. i mean, its still entirely plausible he has KK, or maybe QQ, but most likely you're hanging out your stack for JJ to take.

the bottom line is, your very deepstacked. one pair is not alot of hand to put 200BBs in with.
I don't hate the river play, its just a high variance deal. you're prolly 50/50 hand range wise. chopping AA, beating KK, losing to JJ. the only way its profitable is if he will play QQ to the river, which i'm not so sure of.

again, this all changes if you think he can play 22/33 like this pf

Evan
Old 10-20-2007, 08:30 PM

*grunch*

I love the entire hand. I especially like your check on the turn, as it induces a bet like 70% of the time, since villain will think he has room to outplay you, 200 BB deep. On the river, he has to call with JJ+, and can only fold TT (higly unlikely) and a whiffed AK. He will never bluff the river, because you would be getting great odds, and he'd have no FE. He knows that. So I like the shove on the river.

Standard cooler if he has JJ, but I expect to see QQ, KK here 70% of the time.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:08 PM

C/rai turn is obviously better on the off chance that he's floating with some [censored] that can improve to beat you by the river, or somehow made a spade draw.

It's not like c/c turn and open shove river looks any weaker than c/rai turn here, 200BBs deep. What is he supposed to think you have?
Old 10-20-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright..
Now i'm not entirely psyched on getting 200BB in with one pair, even if it is AA

[/ QUOTE ]
Given that the pot was 3-bet PF, and the stack-to-pot ratio is just above 5 on the flop, we should be happy to get it AI with most boards.