Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 10:13 AM

Default Re: FTP e-mail about temporarily suspending my account

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody get a routine investigation done to there account?

Thank you for your play on our site.

We have temporarily suspended your Full Tilt Poker account pending a routine investigation into your account.

Because the review is in progress, we will be unable to provide specific information. If we require more time to investigate, we will notify you and keep you updated . All funds in your account will remain dormant until our investigation is complete.

We appreciate your patience and will contact you with further details when our review is complete.

Regards,

Tim V
Security and Fraud
Full Tilt Poker

[/ QUOTE ]'

They say if they need more time they will let me know. But they never said how long it will take in the first place so how would I know how much more time would be?? talk about talking in circles!
Old 10-14-2007, 10:16 AM

Thank you for emailing Full Tilt Poker Support.

Unfortunately, we do not have an estimated time for you. I can assure
you that your account is being investigated by the appropriate
department and that they will contact you as soon and the investigation
is complete.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Matthew C
Security and Fraud
Full Tilt Poker

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember never to give out your password or enter
account details over the Internet. Full Tilt Poker staff will
never ask you for your password. For your security, always
keep this information a secret.

Learn, Chat, and Play with the Pros
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Message Follows:
------------------------

Can you please just tell me how long it will take? Your email says if
you need more time you will notify me but more time doesnt mean anything
if you dont give me an estimate of how long the investigation is going
to take.. This really sucks you know. I had plans to play all the
sunday tournaments today!
Old 10-14-2007, 12:53 PM

based on other similar situations reported on 2+2 regarding player-transfer and whatnot that look suspicious to them I think you need to be prepared for this to take a few weeks.
No, I'm not kidding.
No, you will obviously not have a prayer of maintaining your ironman.

When you e-mail them again in 7-10 days or so to ask what the status is they will then take 2-4 days to even respond back to you that they are still conducting their investigation.

Some of this may have to do with some of the funds you are receiving or transferring having been recently deposited via a CC and they want to make sure it clears...or they already have some fraudulent funds that have been transferred somewhere in the chain you are caught in the middle of and they need to wait it out to see what other funds come up as fraudulent...stuff like that I'm guessing.

This will not be quick. It almost never is when they do something like this.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:02 PM

This is becoming pretty standard at Full Tilt. We are running out of legit sites to play at.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:36 PM

I dont know what I'm more upset about the 9k in High stakes sit n gos I donked off in a week or the 15k they have locked up!!!!! I'm gonna go with the 15k locked up because with that I could win the 9k back.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
based on other similar situations reported on 2+2 regarding player-transfer and whatnot that look suspicious to them I think you need to be prepared for this to take a few weeks.
No, I'm not kidding.
No, you will obviously not have a prayer of maintaining your ironman.

When you e-mail them again in 7-10 days or so to ask what the status is they will then take 2-4 days to even respond back to you that they are still conducting their investigation.

Some of this may have to do with some of the funds you are receiving or transferring having been recently deposited via a CC and they want to make sure it clears...or they already have some fraudulent funds that have been transferred somewhere in the chain you are caught in the middle of and they need to wait it out to see what other funds come up as fraudulent...stuff like that I'm guessing. This will not be quick. It almost never is when they do something like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any body ever have a probalem with transfering funds to someone that is questionable? How did it turn out?
Old 10-14-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any body ever have a probalem with transfering funds to someone that is questionable? How did it turn out?

[/ QUOTE ]

this highlights how retarded FTP are; if you've transferred money to a dodgy person, why would it make sense to lock your account?
Old 10-14-2007, 06:46 PM

They did the same to me a LONG time ago. I sent in id...answered a few questions...and nothing bad happened at all. Took about 1.5 weeks to clear everything up.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:49 PM

Same. Took about 2-3 weeks. The dodgy person was at least 1 degree of separation maybe 2 from me but I had transfered to someone who then transfered with someone else. I don't know how many degrees of separation they go to but it is not enough to know the people you transfer to you also need to know that they don't then deal with someone dodgy.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this highlights how retarded FTP are; if you've transferred money to a dodgy person, why would it make sense to lock your account?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont have access to my history because they locked my account but there was a player that scammed me for a transfer but this was like 3 months ago and I am pretty sure I reported it to Full Tilt just to let them know what was going on.

I don't know I was all set to spend a week out in CT and play some tourneys out there now I don't think I have it in me as 15k is a lot of money to me especially since I busted my live roll last year and have been pretty much playing exclusivley online. I'm just afraid I will not play my best poker and just DONATE. Not cool. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Closed Thread