Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 03:30 AM

Default Re: SOME 100nl... 77 flops oesfd in 3 bet. HOW IS MY EQUITY AGAINST RA

and what's the final range you give him?
Old 10-07-2007, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and what's the final range you give him?

[/ QUOTE ]i think it is ginormous because their r so many different hands that he can show up with. so i want some one to interpret wut all i have said and put together a range here. i have done this and think it is ok. just wanting some one else to do it and see how similar ours are
Old 10-07-2007, 03:38 AM

Board: 8s 9s Ts
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 51.417% 50.45% 00.97% 134351 2577.00 { 7c7s }
Hand 1: 48.583% 47.62% 00.97% 126805 2577.00 { 88+, ATs+, As9s, As8s, As7s, As6s, As5s, As4s, As3s, As2s, KTs+, QTs+, J7s+, T7s+, ATo+, As9c, As9d, As9h, As8c, As8d, As8h, As7c, As7d, As7h, As6c, As6d, As6h, As5c, As5d, As5h, As4c, As4d, As4h, As3c, As3d, As3h, As2c, As2d, As2h, KTo+, QTo+, J6o+, Js5c, Js5d, Js5h, Js4c, Js4d, Js4h, Js3c, Js3d, Js3h, Js2c, Js2d, Js2h }

Edit: I gave him to wide of range since I thought he was loose PF but then I reread and saw he was nitty. Still give a picture anyways
Old 10-07-2007, 06:12 AM

3betting pf is pretty spewy here. Flat call is standard.

As played though check this flop.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:45 AM

3betting w/ pairs OOP is fine against somewhat nitty pfr from CO imo. I normally just flat though
Old 10-07-2007, 09:44 AM

if he can have overs and no spade its a call.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:54 AM

yea the 3bet preflop is meh. i was in a laggy mood that and had been runnin solid and been gettin a lot of respect at the table tho. blah seems fine either way to me.

the reason i posted this was while at the table i was rather confused on how my equity was against his range because i thought this was a weird spot and seemed like i had a decent amount of equity against his range even though alot of my outs r to non nut hands pretty much all hands he has i have a decent amount of outs against and then the few times he has me dominated even out with the times where i am well ahead of him. i didnt think he would shove a nut flush here and didnt think he could have QQ+ here either because i would expect a 4 bet here a pretty big chunk of the time. my main factor tho was gettin 2 to 1 here and i think that makes the difference. if i had checked and he shoved i think i woulda folded. so idk if i like the bet or not. thoughts on the intial bet too would b appreciated

wut do u guys think of this thought process???
Old 10-07-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yea the 3bet preflop is meh. i was in a laggy mood that and had been runnin solid and been gettin a lot of respect at the table tho. blah seems fine either way to me.

the reason i posted this was while at the table i was rather confused on how my equity was against his range because i thought this was a weird spot and seemed like i had a decent amount of equity against his range even though alot of my outs r to non nut hands pretty much all hands he has i have a decent amount of outs against and then the few times he has me dominated even out with the times where i am well ahead of him. i didnt think he would shove a nut flush here and didnt think he could have QQ+ here either because i would expect a 4 bet here a pretty big chunk of the time. my main factor tho was gettin 2 to 1 here and i think that makes the difference. if i had checked and he shoved i think i woulda folded. so idk if i like the bet or not. thoughts on the intial bet too would b appreciated

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason the 3bet isn't good pf is because 77 has good equity against the opener's range. By bloating up the pot OOP you decrease the real equity of your hand.

checking this flop is good because we are calling a shove regardless and by checking we can extract from whiffed overs. c/r ai on the flop is a good line, you didn't list the stats on villain but if he's passive than betting out would be better. either way though we are stacking off on a flop like this, once you c-bet into this pot you are committing yourself and have to call a shove.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason the 3bet isn't good pf is because 77 has good equity against the opener's range. By bloating up the pot OOP you decrease the real equity of your hand.

checking this flop is good because we are calling a shove regardless and by checking we can extract from whiffed overs. c/r ai on the flop is a good line, you didn't list the stats on villain but if he's passive than betting out would be better. either way though we are stacking off on a flop like this, once you c-bet into this pot you are committing yourself and have to call a shove.

[/ QUOTE ]hmmm i never really considered a cr on the flop. kinda sexy tho. (i said villian was 20 15 4 so i think i like it a decent amount)

when u say u like to call here i assume u r planning on cr a lot of flops??? idk i guess i dont hate that will do this from time to time but i just hate letting poeple steal blinds from me when i have hands. but i guess a call preflop and then a cr on a good number of flops is solid too and will get the job done.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:38 PM

Once the pot gets this bloated there is no folding.