Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 01:54 AM

Default Re: I has an image so imma play QQ different

[ QUOTE ]
meh, okay. just put in a normal raise though, no need to put in an overbet.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the push makes it look like a flush draw to semi-thinking 50NL players, and will get looked up super-light esp. given image.

+EV
Old 10-21-2007, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the push makes it look like a flush draw to semi-thinking 50NL players, and will get looked up super-light esp. given image.

+EV

[/ QUOTE ]dont bother with him. he is just trolling the forum atm
Old 10-21-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

+EV

[/ QUOTE ]dont bother with him. he is just trolling the forum atm

[/ QUOTE ]
please stop trolling me. I'm just trying to give sound strategic advice and i do not come here to be insulted. Thanks!
Old 10-21-2007, 05:03 AM

well I liked it.

lets look at the heavydance.

i) we have a crapola image and at micro tables recent table history counts for a lot - this guy is ITCHING to take our monies so he is looking us up light often.

ii) sweet flop - we worry about AA/KK about as much as we [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] JJ/TT so those cancel each other out any of those 4 holdings is equally likely

iii) A semi-thinking micro player will put us on a combo/flush draw here often and might well call with AK AQ AJ thinking they ahead of our sooted ace/sc's whatever. I doubt he calls us on this flop with just a naked draw - he has to put us on at least whiffed overcards and have a holding that'll be ahead of that.

I think I prefer jamming it preflop tho - he's just as likely to call if he has a pocket pair and may well call with 2 paint cards as well if he thinks we are full of it.
If we call preflop we are giving sweet odds to him to flop 2 pair - if an Ace flops and he has no Ace he might well shutup shop and lose us some value. I think I'd look to re-pop him preflop smallish and hope HE comes back OTT pushing all-in so we can snap call and make him look like a fish.

Even if we know for 100% certain that he's flopped two pair and is calling our push we outdraw 2pair 25% of the time - it's not that far away from neutral EV thanks to the dead money.

As his range here is waaaaaaay larger than 2 pair and we do have a little FE (but not much) I like this push.

I think that the art of playing poker well is to manipulate your opponents into making bad calls/raises when we are way ahead of their range that they might not normally make if they were playing their "A" game.

It helps when the cards co-operate and we pickup Queens after winning a bunch of pots without a SD and proceed to flop an overpair - but you have to make the most of spots like this and you certainly did that.

vnh.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:12 AM

how did you win over a buy in, in 5 hands without ever making it to showdown?
Old 10-21-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how did you win over a buy in, in 5 hands without ever making it to showdown?

[/ QUOTE ]this is why im hot... this is why im hot

matrix- awsome analysis. glad ur back.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:38 PM

I think this is a fist pump shove. Kaz if you put sc's in his range, then how could this be anything but a clear push? You have massively underrepped (sp?) your hand, which is something I love to do, and now are getting action. Your hand can look like a very wide range of things, with QQ being at the upper part of that range.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is your post so long? You have QQ in BvB on a flop that makes a lot of second best hands. Get it in preflop or flop.

[/ QUOTE ]stacking off on the flop with one pair hands 150bbs deep is not and SHOULD not be standard. maybe u should rethink some things and not waste time making worthless posts.

wut range do u put him on that makes this a turbo insta shove

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a 'worthless post' just because it's concise and he has <100000000 posts on 2+2. Given your history of post-flop aggression (it would be quite reasonable from your description of your play in the five hands so far for your opponents to think you were a maniac), particularly against this villain, the fact that it's a blinds battle, the drawiness of the board, and the fact that it's a 3-bet pot (ie it's more correct to stack off with one pair hands) getting it all in here does seem standard. Yes you're a little deeper than usual but not deep enough to get away from it imo.

I like the way you played it (I think you prob lose quite a bit of value by 4-betting pre-flop) but share this poster's perplexity as to why you think it's so interesting.