Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 06:57 AM

Default AJ on four flush board

Played my first ever session on stars. Seems like the competition is a little bit tougher than on Pacific (I played 5k hands there and I never ran into a single solid player). Still the game was very soft. BTN here is LP. River line is b/f?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

????
Old 08-31-2007, 07:06 AM

Default Re: AJ on four flush board

meh i c/f the turn even if it is pretty weak
Old 08-31-2007, 07:51 AM

I think betting the turn would be the last money I put in.

Edit: If the diamond fell on the river instead of the turn I'd play it like you did.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:53 AM

I think I'm probably check/folding the river. We lose to any diamond here.

I like how you played the hand throughout. Raising AJo to push out hands that dominate us is a good idea. Betting the flop when we hit TPTK is great. And Clarkmeistering the turn is perfect.

When villain isn't afraid of the four-to-flush, though, I'm probably check-folding the river.

Nice hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2007, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raising AJo to push out hands that dominate us is a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't happening at a .25/.50 6 max table, we're raising for other reasons.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:23 AM

why do you think Btn is coming along? (just wondering what read you have on him) pre and flop i play the same. c/f turn when diamond appears.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:38 AM

I dunno but I think c/c wouldnt be terrible. this is 6max and we beat alot of non-diamond hands that will call down here and bet when checked to. After all, if I conveniently ignore the 4 diamonds we have TPTK and thats not such a bad hand, eh? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

remember, this is 6max and 6max != Full Ring. I think c/f the turn is really really weak for 6max. Ive see fishmax players call down with stuff lik BPBK in this sort of hands so without reads at this level you cant give your opponent automatic credit for the obvious sorts of hands.

basically I think hero is good 1 in approx 7 times here. check call.

edit: fwiw when I wrote the above I didnt see the LP read on button. meh, I'd probably still c/c the river unless that read was solid but I'd probably hate it.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:42 AM

Aussie, if we can't c/f I think bet/folding is better. Worse hands will call more often than they'll bet themselves, IMO. One plus to check/calling is he might check through a weak diamond if he's really weak, but I'm not sure that makes up for the lost value when he has a worse hand that would've checked through.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:50 AM

sharpie, Ill admit that Im not fully on the ball tonight and Im a showdown monkey at 6max. Still, I do think even a LP can bet hands less than TPTK when we check to him on the river.

whilst I kinda dispise myself for saying it..if this were early in a session and reads were limited I venture to say that even if villian checks behind a hand that would have paid off, that seeing what he plays this way could yield hero &gt;1BB over the course of the session. There I said it and Im posting before I change my mind. holla.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:27 AM

Honestly I expect him to check behind worse hands usually, so when he does I don't think the info is worth much. If he bet a worse hand though, that would be some nice info to have.